Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Whos Waiting For Cruiser Bars ?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Where is Bill RYAN to defend himself or at least offer an explanation in this manner,all I can say is he either does not care or he is just a plain CROOK,HERE HE IS WITH ALL OF THE HANDLE BAR MONEY!. :22: :no:

jmc/ace

jmc/ace

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I believe Bill does the best he can whith what he has to work with....

He for sure isn't getting rich doing small production runs of BMX crap for a small group of highly supportive and understanding folks like the OS/Vyntage crew... :22:

If I were him I wouldn't want to reply to this thread. Looks more like a dark alley :homies:

I found this info elsewhere. I thought it might be helpful to some who might be subscribing to being influenced by the lynch mob.....

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delayed post on this topic, no excuses just the fact that we have been slammed with the move and the holidays.

The Heat Treater shut down for the X-mas Holiday break, the Bars were done at Heat Treat early this week. I will be picking them up tommarrow and running them down to be polished and plated.

Tommarrow I will give you the update from the plater on the turn around time, hopefully he is slow and we can get them kicked back around real quick.

I did not mean for this to run on as long as it has, trust me I want this done as badly as you guys do. I appreciate everyones patience. I guess I should not of taken all the time estimations I was given as fact , I know from experience that if one guy slows down the chain it has a trickle effect but adding in the holiday and bad weather has done nothing but make it way worse for time than I could of estimated.

Have a great day!

Bill

There aren't alot of guys stepping up in the industry to support our habit. We should support (ALL) of those who do.

We don't know everyones circumstances, so we don't know what kinds of walls each of us are up against. He might not get these (SIDE) projects out as soon as all would like, (Bill R. included) but he will deliver and for a fair price.

Remember Bill and others that do special retro projects and 1 offs don't NEED to do these projects for the community. They do them because they love the hobby and want to make a contribution. Thats alot more than some can claim.

Again, I believe Bill does his best with what he has to work with. A persons best is the most one can expect and it's more than alot of people give.

Unfortunately for some, Bill's best isn't good enough.....(Lighten up on the NEGETIVE ENERGY) :(
(Next time try buying products after they are produced.) If it's so easy to knock this crap out, do it yourself....You'll find out it's not the best way to make friends.

Bill,
If you read this there are many in the hobby that appreciate the enthusiasm, effort and hard contribution you make to the parent sport of BMX and our for the most part, fun little hobby....

Oh yeah! and by the way, Where are my F-in bars!!!! (Just kidding....)

No worries Bro' :break:

PandaProAm420

PandaProAm420

BMX Addict (in recovery)

• Sustaining Member
  • 3,064 posts
3 weeks after shipping, no product. Full refund given. Responsiveness could have been much better to phone messages and emails. Though each and every time I posted something here, I got a phone call within 24 hours. He should respond as quickly to his own phone and email. Nice enough seeming guy,with a laundry list of excuses. If I ever decide to buy one of his products again, I will do it through Dan's Comp though.

Mr_Mark_Wright

Mr_Mark_Wright

• Users
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Bill
:7: Adam

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Mark,I don't think he's playing towards Bill at all,CHEAP SHOT. :18:

MADmanRAN

MADmanRAN

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Oh boy what a mess ! :no:

Its funny when things like this keep reaccuring in th O.S. community

I'm sure some of you have heard the story of the frog and the scorpion, but for those who haven't, I'll tell it again.

There was a frog about to swim across a river, when suddenly he was confronted with a scorpion in his path. The frog fell back in fright, but the scorpion was quick to reassure him, "I'm not going to sting you. I just have a favor to ask."

The frog, still startled but hoping the scorpion meant him no harm, said, "But you are a scorpion. What favor could you ask of me?"

The scorpion replied, "I just need a ride across the river. I can't swim, but you can. If I sting you and you die, how would I get across? Can't you please give me a ride?"

The frog thought for a moment, and in his relief that the scorpion had not stung him, he consented. The scorpion climbed on the frog's back, and off they went across the river. As the frog reached the riverbank and pulled himself out of the water, the scorpion stung him and stepped onto land.

The dying frog cried out to the scorpion, "You told me you wouldn't sting me."

The scorpion replied, "I can't help it. It's my nature," and walked away.

jmc/ace

jmc/ace

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Mr Mark aka GWB,

right back at ya!!! LOL!!!!

Mr_Mark_Wright Posted: Jan 20 2005, 11:51 PM 

Group: Members
Member No.: 734

Scott is a BMX legend for sure...I am honored.

Welcome OM! 

Mr_Mark_Wright Posted: Jan 21 2005, 10:39 AM 

Group: Members
Member No.: 734

Days Of The Wildman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 27, 1991 – Street Riding in San Francisco

Actual Journal Entry
Dave Clymer, Lawan Cunningham, McGoo, Scott Breithaupt, and I drove from the Napa Valley race into San Francisco. We rode around downtown. There are crazy hills here! We rode the “China banks” and some other places that skaters go. I almost got in a fight with one of them. Breithaupt is a trip – he’s so funny. On the way back, McGoo and Breithaupt got pulled over and got a ticket for goofin’ around and driving with their lights off. Funny! San Fran is a cool place.

Hey Scot where are you?

You asked for it.....
I hope you don't pop my tires and punch me in the nose for this....The journal entry reads that you are the violent type??? :whistle:

Bill's friend and former employer (Scot)
:7: Mark

Guest_Jofa_*

Guest_Jofa_*
  • Guests
GWB is a fag!

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Man this is getting UGLY,where's this GRAEME guy with his comments on this, I miss his LAME comments. :yes: :nobull:

graeme

graeme

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
trying to bait me kinko....lol.
graeme

Mr_Mark_Wright

Mr_Mark_Wright

• Users
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Settle down.... I think your confused Adam, I copied that journal from a bmx news site about those old school riders. Not about me at all so save your drama for your momma. :chill:

I think Laura Bush would argue otherwise, Jofa.

Muxster

Muxster

OWNED

• Sustaining Member
  • 2,467 posts
It's amazing how this crap ends up on this site all the time...

Let's see some bikes!!!

If you want to be the David Horitz "FIGHT BACK" of Old School bmx send your article to muxster@hotmail.com and it may get published in the Bicycle Motocross Colletor...

Posted Image

otherwise..

go here
http://www.fightback.com/

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
NO WORRIES GRAEME,JUST KIDDING!!!,KEEP ON BREAKING! :break:

jmc/ace

jmc/ace

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Sorry guys,

for standing up for somebody who contributes hardware to the sport and the hobby.

Also sorry for reacting to a post directed at me personally. (thanks for the stand up KINKO 66) :smthup:
Jimmy, did you get beat up in Reno???

The person whos post had nothing to do with the topic has made friends with me and my deaf friend on another website. So Mux it doesn't just happen here.

Since negetive opinions were being expressed about a guy. I thought I would share my positive opinion of him. Some people had bad experiences dealing with him. I have only had good ones. :nobull:

I guess I am in the wrong and I'll just post pics from now on.....

Adam :18:

MADmanRAN

MADmanRAN

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Way to go Adam !, dont become part of this "Woussification of America" that is happing all around us, we all need to stand up and say what we see is right or or wrong. :18:

26BMX

26BMX

• Sustaining Member
  • 169 posts
I have, until now, waited patiently since August 25, 2004 when I paid $345 for (5) sets of SS Cruiser Bars.

In January I finally decided to take Bill Ryan up on a set of Non-Stamped 26" Landing Gear. He offered me these last year while discussing the one's I never got back from Mike Devitt while he had my 81' Enduro (OM Flyer) being restored 02'-03'. He knew what a sore subject this was and that I was needed ad nauseum were Non-Stamped Landing Gear with Canti Mounts. (It's not like I have not had a link at the bottom of my e-mail signature for 2 years offering a Reward for the return of mine either that everyone including me is tired of seeing.)

I told him I would give him his price but wanted them painted brown, since I could not match my tan frame easily, and shipped for that price. January 20, 2005 I paid him $300 as we agreed and waited and waited, excuse after excuse... Making sure the 30 day PayPal limit expired.

Now I would like to send a Special Thanks to Bill Ryan for the EXCUSES & $300 !@#$!@ "Stamped" Landing Gear I received on 3/29/05, replacements for and the addition to my 1981 Enduro's (OM Flyer) saga, when I paid for Non-Stamped 1/20/05, GRRRRR...

He know's darn well what we discussed via numerous phone conversations and has a bag full of excuses.

Bill knows what these sell for. Anywhere between for $100 NOS to $157 the last year. He should have sent a full refund on the forks and apologized when he realized he was not going to get away with pulling this "grift" off! He might could have pulled this off as a honest mistake or something had he chosen. He chose to tell me I paid $300 for NS "New School" Landing Gear LOL.

$300 in itself points out the impossiblity of it being a mistake!

I called BS! Talk is cheap and I am not buying any!

Miscommunication? Mistake? $300 for stamped ? You Decide...

After this I have no more patience or interest in anything he has to say or sell.

Anyway on this topic:

I requested 3/29/05 a full refund on the forks $300 and $345 on the (5) cruiser bars I paid for 8/25/04 and am still waiting........... :16:

Guest_MR VRP_*

Guest_MR VRP_*
  • Guests
I was told EVRYBODY got there bars. I heard that from a good source.

Snorton

Snorton

Say something guys!!Dont hide out,Talk!!

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
Dudes i am sooooooo lost being the siteowner i NEVER noticed this post until right now.Whatever you guys got cookin just finish it up.I offered bill a spot on os-bmx he declined for some unknown reason but if he had his banner on this site it would be very easy to call him in person.I dont know what the major problem is here but im sure you guys will figure it all out.Good Luck to all parties sorry to hear these problems still happen!!Good luck !!

CookBros. Fool

CookBros. Fool

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I did not get my bars yet!! I ordered 1 chrome and 1 SS bar. Still waiting and being patient.......... :25:

Guest_MR VRP_*

Guest_MR VRP_*
  • Guests
Thats cool,he will get them to the guys that paid,has never failed in any OLD SCHOOL PROJECTS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Champion

-----
Uploaded by BMXOldSchooler
22 May 2011 - 02:53 AM
670 Views · 0 Comments

Pad Set

-----
Patterson Patterson Racing vinyl
Uploaded by keep_it_warm
31 January 2010 - 01:20 PM