Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Whos Waiting For Cruiser Bars ?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Ditch

Ditch

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
i seen a thread on the internet of a remake of Old School cruiser bars , seems like alot of people have paid but over a month at the heat treaters and still nothing , must be over seas deal lol iam glad i didnt open my wallet on a set of these ..
i think supercross did the remake and delay? look like cool bars hope you all get them soon

Edited by Ditch, 15 January 2005 - 11:31 PM.

jmc/ace

jmc/ace

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I'm on a set in stainless and chrome. B)

No worries, Bill has come through on the other limited run stuff I've purchased. :D

LOW N SLOW

LOW N SLOW

• Users
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
They just moved so maybe that slowed him down. Just email him he responds fast. I have bought many many things from him and he always comes through. One of the nicest guys I've met.....next to Adam :smthup:

PandaProAm420

PandaProAm420

BMX Addict (in recovery)

• Sustaining Member
  • 3,064 posts
Yeah, they are in a mess with this move...
For me, the jury is still out on his customer service, though his products are great. Check me on tuesday if I still haven't recieved my order from 3 weeks ago on an "in stock" item, I am sure I will have some choice words to say about it. Does quality workmanship allways have to equal bad service??? I hope not.
Bill, don't let me down. I have given you a lot of chances to prove yourself with this order....

STR-1

STR-1

Go Put Some Miles On That Will Ya...

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts

I'm on a set in stainless and chrome. B)

No worries, Bill has come through on the other limited run stuff I've purchased. :D

You'll know when they come that they are from supercross. They will be "packaged" in two freezer sized zip-loc baggies masking taped together. :blink: :devinom:

STR-1

STR-1

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts

Yeah, they are in a mess with this move...
For me, the jury is still out on his customer service, though his products are great. Check me on tuesday if I still haven't recieved my order from 3 weeks ago on an "in stock" item, I am sure I will have some choice words to say about it. Does quality workmanship allways have to equal bad service??? I hope not.
Bill, don't let me down. I have given you a lot of chances to prove yourself with this order....

Here is what I dealt with. I bought a one of 25 Skunk (how appropriate) 24" "Quads" It came in a 20" frame box. The frame was in a PLASTIC BAG. :idiot: The fork was SHRINK WRAPPED and placed on the bottom of the box. :idiot: That's it. No packaging material AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I paid how much??!!! NEVER AGAIN. Customer service and quality control just don't happen. ONE OF TWENTY FIVE. Scratches on the bottom bracket. Scratches on the downtubes. Chips out of the headtube. NEVER AGAIN will I purchase anything from them again. Limited edition frameset and that is the best that someone can do? I never built that frame. Sold it to buy a Sal Creation without hesitation. Out of the twenty five people that bought those I bet maybe five kept them. He** even the man Bill C sold his. What does that tell you? :blink: Says alot in my book. Disgruntled? Yes. Happy? Satisfied? NOT EVEN CLOSE. This is something that my buddy Raybeard and I agree on 110%. :moon: Blame it on a move? Maybe but the track record is just that. Should I even bring up the ZERO clearance on the cranks? You could prop that bike up without a stand.

PS: Quality control?? My bottom bracket was welded so that you couldn't even read the SN. There isn't one special project that was done that was without headaches. Look at that "GJS" tribute frame. I know a guy that bought one and it was all jacked up. Brakes weren't lined up etc. He sent it back and got a worse one as a replacement. NICE!!! Raybeard got his hand slapped big time for bringing these issues up. He said that if they would have been address on the first projects that maybe the rest of us wouldn't have had to pay for the mistakes. Cheers to you Ray for having the balls to call it as you saw it.

:smthup:

PSS: Have a great day!!

CookBros. Fool

CookBros. Fool

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
STR-1, what you have said is starting to worry me. I bought 2 bars from Bill and I am trying to be really patient about it. He** , its been soo long I actually dont need the bars anymore because I found other bars for my projects. I guess I cant ask for my money back either so I am stuck. Maybe by the time I have grandkids they will show up!! <_<

STR-1

STR-1

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts
You know I wasn't looking to blast someone like this but....

I will say this. When I contacted Bill at super :wha: he was very quick with a response of sorry I will redo it for you if you send it back. I figured that if you make a limited run, special edition frameset like that and NO-ONE sees or questions the quality???? ?? Really? Don't even mention the total suk a** packing job. *Remember though... A stem inserted into the damaged seat tube will straighten it right out :ermm: :wacko: :gunner: Send it back and try again? Sorry I am no fool. I hope it works out for you. I know that this is another post that earns me no friends but I call things as they are. Save the sugar coat for someone else.

I am sure Bill will get you your parts though. He** if you can support a website financially for a couple years surely you can supply some bars. :huh:

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I have heard nothing BUT NEGATIVE stuff on his ETA'S and his quality, makes me very nervous to do any kind of transaction from that guy, says his stuff is from the US. Bull that stuff was OVERSEAS. Take a look at all of the release holes! I bet it will be at least until Rockford before any of you get those bars. STAY AWAY and I even heard he is somewhat unpopular at the other website with a lot of guys there are well. VERY VERY LAME! :devinom: :anger:

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Any word on the BILL RYAN BARS ETA? :cry:

sk8bones

sk8bones

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
Something like 5 weeks. Dunno, check the post on the other site.

sb

PandaProAm420

PandaProAm420

BMX Addict (in recovery)

• Sustaining Member
  • 3,064 posts
I am about to dial up ol' Bill right now and tear him a new :wha: hole...

Time to put in my dispute with PayPal too... As if my morning at DMV wasn't bad enough :(
Drew

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Yo DREW,hope you do this before the 30 time limit if not YOU LOOSE :no:

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Drew, the 30 day time limit. :o

PandaProAm420

PandaProAm420

BMX Addict (in recovery)

• Sustaining Member
  • 3,064 posts
OK, Bill called last night and said I could have full refund, or 40% discount and option to reject/return on arrival. I chose the later... and got no PayPal credit back yey (16 hours and counting...) If I don't see my stuff or a the refund today I will go ballistic... He hasn't even been able to get me atracking # yet. Today I tell him if it didn't ship the day he said it did, and he doesn't have a tracking # to back it up, I want a FULL refund immediatly. I could use the PayPal $$ to cover my Judges powdercoating, which is now done :) but I need to go pick up in da snow, 45 miniutes away :(

KINKO 66

KINKO 66

• Users
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Now thats GRIFTING,what a LAMO!,I hope you guys that visit that other website inform them about this shady deal. :angry: :nobull:

cw

cw

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
First let me say that nothing's perfect. There were plenty of OS frames that came off the line all goofy. Although, in this day and age when you break out $300 or $400 bucks for a frame, it better be as perfect as possible.
I know that Bill will probably hate me for this but...
Supercross is actually his second business, he runs a graphics company full time. I don't blame Bill, but he did cut the production deal w/ American Engineering in Cali. I think their quality is pretty inconsistent. Less engineered parts like forks(maybe bars) seem to be okay, but they seem to have a problem w/ the complexity of frames & QC. There is a real problem w/ rear end alignment over there. I know companies that produce AL frames sometimes have problems just b/c welding and heat treating the material can be a real b*tch. However, cromoly frames shouldn't be that much trouble if they're given the attention.
My Nomorea 20" frame is somewhat off. At the dropouts it's close enough, but you can plainly see that when they bent the looptail in the bender, one side is bent a little more than the other. One chainstay attaches maybe 4mm higher on the BB shell.
I've heard of SX cranks having the pedal boss weld so splotchy that you couldn't even thread the pedal. I have a pair that came off a trade show bike so they're ok.
I'm a freak when it comes to frames and the accuracy with which they're assembled, so some people might not even notice. The first thing I do is install the headset & fork and put it on a glass countertop to see how close it is.
I send a production frame to them that's a little off and complain, and their answer is to send back a new identical frame that's off exactly the same. Obviously the guy welding or the jig is tweaked, or both.
In many instances in the past(not this situation), I get this additude like,"Nothing is perfect"(indeed it's not). "It's not like it's a road bike." No, it's a bmx bike and it still should be straight.
There are companies that are 'rider owned' or underground that do a more consistent job. Why? Cause they put time & effort into the QC. And if they don't do it in-house, they make sure it's right, not leave it up to chance. :nobull:

Edited by inky, 20 January 2005 - 07:30 AM.

PandaProAm420

PandaProAm420

BMX Addict (in recovery)

• Sustaining Member
  • 3,064 posts
Funny how this topic seems to have stirred more of a response from Bill then either my phone calls or emails. Since he HASN'T GOTTEN BACK TO ME IN 24 HOURS AGAIN LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD I WILL JUST LEAVE HIM A MESSAGE HERE:
Dear Bill-
You dropped the ball AGAIN. Send me a complete refund immediatly, and if that box ever does show up here I will refuse to accept it, or ship it back postage due.
(in the words of Fez from That 70's Show "Good Day Sir!")

STR-1

STR-1

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts
Bummer bro. Hate to see that happen to anyone. Hope it all works out.

Quoting Fez? Classic. :smthup:

PandaProAm420

PandaProAm420

BMX Addict (in recovery)

• Sustaining Member
  • 3,064 posts
I said GOOD DAY SIR!!!!

:16:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Two Wheeler

-----