Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nomura Aluminum and Chromo!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

OLDSKOOLPK

OLDSKOOLPK

WEE-MAN

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts
I was looking around on Facebook and saw that these 2 Nomuras were for sale. They look to be loaded to the gills with nice parts. The chromoly paint scheme rang a bell in my head....I could have sworn I either saw this bike before in pictures posted here at a show or maybe this was another one.
Anyway, I had a deal fall through on a baby blue Quad from who I thought was a friend....this was after I sold a high end frameset for him and handed him the key to buying these 2 bikes (what a good friend I am, ehhh?? Sorry, I had to let that out! Haha! )
I was curious if the chromoly one rang a bell to anyone else. Were these painted for a factory team or were these painted after the fact by a kid or his Dad?

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1529594545225.jpg
  • FB_IMG_1529594550153.jpg

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,066 posts

Word on the street is that Wade did two chromo ones like that for someone and all the rest were chrome plated. What's the price tag on these?? I totally figured these would start coming out of the woodwork after the complete on Museum sold for $8500 last week. I'm a little salty about that one for different reasons.....

Posted Image

mcam

mcam

Done building, Just Observing :)

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts

Didn't Tom Pszenny have a cr-mo one like that?

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,066 posts
No. He had two chrome ones. I ended up with one of those two.
I also remember Bob Matherly saying that Wade still has two raw ones in his possession.
Posted Image

OLDSKOOLPK

OLDSKOOLPK

WEE-MAN

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts
The price tag together on both was cheaper than the one that was sold/offered on the museum site/Facebook. I should have bought them both instead of handing them to a so called friend who fucked me over on that baby blue Quad. I'll bet they both go to Thailand and his pockets will be even fatter. He received a free 250k BMX collection and I handed him probably 15k with those 2 Nomuras.

Is it too early to start drinking??

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,638 posts

that painted one is familiar from days gone by... can't remember details.  Joe Disciplo possibly?? Not sure how to spell his name. 

TrulyOdd

TrulyOdd

Forum god

• Admin
  • 6,646 posts
Is it this one?

http://www.bmxsociet...d/?fromsearch=1

OLDSKOOLPK

OLDSKOOLPK

WEE-MAN

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts
That's the bike Patrick (missing the 2nd gen graphites, rest looks the same)

Nice detective work!!

Edited by OLDSKOOLPK, 13 August 2018 - 01:19 AM.

2blader

2blader

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

The price tag together on both was cheaper than the one that was sold/offered on the museum site/Facebook. I should have bought them both instead of handing them to a so called friend who fucked me over on that baby blue Quad. I'll bet they both go to Thailand and his pockets will be even fatter. He received a free 250k BMX collection and I handed him probably 15k with those 2 Nomuras.
Is it too early to start drinking??

Fuck that jerk off Jon...and I hope you read this too Donnie. Next time call me...if you need the coin.

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,066 posts

I love Flippers.... :f_u:

............and Thailand. Dont even get me started on that dump.

Posted Image

2blader

2blader

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

I love Flippers.... :f_u:

............and Thailand. Dont even get me started on that dump.

Not about flippers Brian....more about a lack or morals and being a predatory scumbag. Hell I flipped everything I had...and would do it again.

Dirty

Dirty

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
I don’t know anything about this current situation but it sounds pretty bogus to me.

I’ll tell you though that nothing gets past you guys when it comes to tracking down provenance to bikes. Keep up the good work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Quicksilver

***--
Uploaded by Professor
23 December 2014 - 08:56 AM
1218 Views · 0 Comments

Helmet

-----
Bell and Vigor Team
Uploaded by SHADESSEAN
28 February 2010 - 05:24 AM