Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

BOTY - Dedicated Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,805 posts

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,198 posts
I hate change ;)
Posted Image

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,219 posts
True points and I'm guilty of not participating. I believe this will be always the site for core bmxers even if that number diminishes.
But I would rather see this site fade away than to have it change to the candified, instant gratification version that seem so popular today.
Thanks for all your effort Steve, and you know I'll be back next contest whether the bikes are popular or not.

dubplatestyle

dubplatestyle

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
I was glad to see this year’s B.O.T.Y. wasn’t any different than years past. Less entries.....yes, but in terms of quality, absolutely stellar!
Posted Image

Mikku

Mikku

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
Yeah, I thought it was excellent! There were a good half a dozen or so bikes that I absolutely drooled over and would love to have a better, closer and longer look at, let alone ride or even own! Congrats to all the winners and thanks to those who voted for my Crupi - I had no expectation of winning and was just happy to be part of it. Next year I plan to enter something older!!

turdburd

turdburd

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Would like to give a thumbs up to the several members who entered multiple bikes. I had trouble just entering a single bike on a couple occasions.
Thank you to all who organized and participated in BOTY once again.

Rip.Per

Rip.Per

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

While nothing I entered in the 80's 20 inch class were all that great, I just thought it would be fun to participate nonetheless and share some BMX love with everyone.
Hope everyone has a great 2018.

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,198 posts
Yep. Its all about participation. Not about winning. Its always a good time.
Posted Image

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,805 posts

that's about it folks, if you've been waiting to vote for some reason this is last call...

I may fall asleep soon, so better get the event closed down.  

Going once...  going twice...

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,805 posts

Thanks again everyone... stick around and post something from time to time. :cheers:

Shout out, Dan Williams, Hey Slugger for runner up with the Ano PK, and hats off to all the participants.

Congratulations, Mike.  That is quite a bicycle.

Attached Thumbnails

• BOTY_2017_Winner_Redline_24.jpg

Mikku

Mikku

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Great winner, great turnout, great competition! Thanks for setting up and running BOTY again this year Steve. I've already started planning mine for next year!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gobby MX

-----
Uploaded by reservoir.grizzly
09 January 2015 - 10:33 PM
1402 Views · 0 Comments

Cranks

-----
Shimano 600
Uploaded by keep_it_warm
18 February 2010 - 10:59 AM