Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Whatever Happened to the Haro Project...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

CharleyGnarlyP290

CharleyGnarlyP290

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

...from a few years back?

If I remember correctly, it was a deal where the bikes were paid for first then once he had enough orders or something they would be built. Seemed like quite a bit of hoopla about it, but never heard anything else.

Does anyone remember this and what happened with it?

RL Paulie

RL Paulie

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Isn't that how Scott used to run Kappa?

larsvegas43

larsvegas43

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Bob got flamed so much on certain sites that he couldn't come up with enough buyers willing to support the project. Price was kinda steep though, something over 2 grand.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,305 posts

I guess the mission was aborted quietly. 

Certain sites?  I don't know of anywhere other than BMXmuseum and related groups on Facebook that it got out of hand.  No need to tip toe around it... the behavior on the museum thread was embarrassing to the entire community or at least to those with a modicum of self awareness.  

nycet3

nycet3

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
That got ugly

larsvegas43

larsvegas43

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Certain sites?  I don't know of anywhere other than BMXmuseum and related groups on Facebook that it got out of hand.  No need to tip toe around it... the behavior on the museum thread was embarrassing to the entire community or at least to those with a modicum of self awareness.  

Of course, it was on the museum. People were throwing around less than half truths and felt invited to discredit Bob on any thread that mentioned his new plans. I support Bob 100%, but again, the price tag of more than 2K invited too many haters that don't know their shit.  I guess the problem was that he didn't have any kind of product or prototype but yet asked for a hi-end price. Still no way to treat others, not to mention icons of our sport.

Edited by larsvegas43, 29 November 2017 - 01:22 PM.

larsvegas43

larsvegas43

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

They even still throw Bob's name in when it comes to any modern-day Haro product. Kind of as an alternative fact. And basically these are the same guys that were dissing him for the Ikonix bike project. Now were stuck with only soft goods.  

Edited by larsvegas43, 30 November 2017 - 11:00 PM.

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,800 posts

Somehow I missed all of that. I dont know what you guys are even talking about.

Posted Image

larsvegas43

larsvegas43

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Here is the sad thread:

http://bmxmuseum.com...p?id=585527&p=1

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,800 posts

Thanks and yes you are sooo right. Sad it is.

Posted Image

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Bob got flamed so much on certain sites that he couldn't come up with enough buyers willing to support the project. Price was kinda steep though, something over 2 grand.

pus the deposit you had to put down. up front to get one. was none refundable.. so if he did not sell every pre ordered bike on his list.. you did not get your money back. that made many not want one.

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

That got ugly

Of course, it was on the museum. People were throwing around less than half truths and felt invited to discredit Bob on any thread that mentioned his new plans. I support Bob 100%, but again, the price tag of more than 2K invited too many haters that don't know their shit.  I guess the problem was that he didn't have any kind of product or prototype but yet asked for a hi-end price. Still no way to treat others, not to mention icons of our sport.

the thing that upset most about the deal before even one bike was made. you had to pay like $400.00 up front to pre order one. but if all.the ones he hoped to sell. did not get pre payed fore. any one that did pre pay would not get that money back. so either way Bob made money!

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

What's you guys take on his new business Ida with the $200.00 dollar reissue number plates he BOB is trying to sell.

shinglehead

shinglehead

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Don't you mean "Boob" Haro?

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Don't you mean "Boob" Haro?

I think the Boobs given name is Bob Haro  

larsvegas43

larsvegas43

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

What's you guys take on his new business Ida with the $200.00 dollar reissue number plates he BOB is trying to sell.

I don't think it is a good idea and the price is way too high. But I still got tons of respect for the man. It's pretty simple.

Edited by larsvegas43, 06 December 2017 - 08:36 PM.

nycet3

nycet3

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
If Mick Jagger wanted to re-cut all of his lead vocals on Exile On Main Street and reissue the record, I might scratch my head, but I'd also say to myself, That's Mick Fucking Jagger.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,305 posts

That got ugly

the thing that upset most about the deal before even one bike was made. you had to pay like $400.00 up front to pre order one. but if all.the ones he hoped to sell. did not get pre payed fore. any one that did pre pay would not get that money back. so either way Bob made money!

I think it's safe to say those that did pre-pay did get a refund, or we would have heard about it by now.  What ever you think of the project, Bob ain't going out like that.  

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

I don't think it is a good idea and the price is way too high. But I still got tons of respect for the man. It's pretty simple.

ya maybe if he did hand drawn BMX art work on them. instead of mass screen printed knockoffs of his OG ones. I could see that price tag as more fare.

MelvinsArmy

MelvinsArmy

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 2,865 posts

If Mick Jagger wanted to re-cut all of his lead vocals on Exile On Main Street and reissue the record, I might scratch my head, but I'd also say to myself, That's Mick Fucking Jagger.

I don't think Phil re-cut his vocals, but I thought this was a pretty brilliant and creative way to reissue old records.

Attached Thumbnails

• CfYnEFqWsAIjw1Q-800x598.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

A&A

-----
Uploaded by sodbuster
31 July 2012 - 02:49 AM
435 Views · 1 Comments

Pad Set

-----
Flite 3 pc. nylon velcro