Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

RRS 24 with RRS Team Jersey

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

blikum

blikum

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

This is the never say never sale! I thought that I’d never let this one go, but the time has come to let someone else enjoy the RRS 24. 

So, where to start? Why not the beginning? 1981 RRS 24. I can’t find a serial number on this. The serial number is usually on the bottom of the cigarette box lug. There are a handful of these bikes out there with no serials. Maybe that makes it “pre-serial”? I don’t know. I was told it was original finish when I got it, that may or may not be truth. But it is paint, not powder and there are many little blemishes in the paint, although nothing too major. The frame decal is lifting a tiny bit, I tried to show all the “imperfections” in the pics. 
This has the original eccentric bottom bracket with a Bullseye roller bracket. It’s a pretty trick setup. This is one of the only ones that I’ve seen with the original RRS cantilever brakes. Which were just unbranded Dia Compe cantis. Dura-Ace headset, SR Jellybean stem, which in ’81 was the lightest stem on the market. SE bars, Oakley 2 grips, DC Red Dot brake lever with “Team Products” bend. This is how I got the lever. I’ve never seen another like this. It could have very well been bent by who ever owned it before me. None the less, it’s bitchin. The pads… They came with the f/f when I got it. I have no idea if they are OG or not. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say not. Only because I’ve never seen any back in the day. Who knows? Also includes a stem pad that is not pictured. Dura Ace cranks, 170mm with a cool drilled chainring. Suntour MP-1000 pedals in very rare black. Xcaliber seat clamp, SR Laprade BMX seatpost, Cinelli Unicanitor seat, 24 x 1.75 Araya 7x rims laced to 1st gen. Phil Wood hubs with stainless spokes and black alloy nipples. The Phil hubs have the typical signs of pitting on the hubs. Not terribly bad though. I’ve seen worse.
To round it out are the 24 x 1.75 Yellow label comps which are getting so hard to find. 

I'm also throwing in an RRS Team Jersey. The jersey is size small and in pretty good condition.

There are not many of these bikes out there and to some this is the “grail bike”. 

Not really interested in a part out at this time. 

$5,500 Includes shipping in the Cont. US only.  Payment via Paypal.

redrrs1.JPG
redrrs2.JPG
redrrs3.JPG
redrrs4.JPG
redrrs5.JPG
redrrs6.JPG
redrrs7.JPG
redrrs8.JPG
redrrs9.JPG
redrrs10.JPG
redrrs11.JPG
redrrs12.JPG
redrrs13.JPG
redrrs14.JPG
redrrs15.JPG
redrrs16.JPG
redrrs17.JPG
redrrs18.JPG
redrrs19.JPG
redrrs20.JPG
redrrs21.JPG
redrrs22.JPG
redrrs23.JPG
redrrs24.JPG
redrrs25.JPG
redrrs26.JPG

rrsjersey1.JPG

rrsad.jpg

Mitisi

Mitisi
  • Users
  • 1 posts

What happened when someone is out of US? Can i get some discount?

blikum

blikum

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

You can message me if you are a serious buyer and we can discuss. But generally shipping costs out of the US are cost prohibitive for most people.

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,179 posts

Nice! Passed on one years ago and have regretted it since.

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,800 posts

This thing is insane. Cant imagine letting it go.

Posted Image

Curt

Curt

• Site Patron
  • 1,110 posts

That is a nice bike!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Reach BMX Systems

Uploaded by OLDSKOOLPK
23 May 2014 - 03:14 PM
703 Views · 1 Comments