Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

STR-1 -- this again

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,251 posts

So, yeah on facebook today (first debuted in a Schwinn Sting group   :rolleyes:) there is hoopla about a guy who says he has an STR-1.  He has a story the he won't reveal for 2 weeks because it is a father's day surprise for somebody.

I'm only sharing it because I feel somehow obliged to keep you informed of significant or potentially significant events.

It is like there is a curse on these things... if they show up, it MUST be surrounded by bizarre hype.  It'd be cool to just get straight forward presentation of facts and provenance.   The quote below photo was from the person posting.

SE Racing STR-1 BMX

Attached Thumbnails

• 18839166_10211232728031805_6302432800147178810_n.jpg
  • fathersday.png

Mikku

Mikku

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Legit or not, I'm not sure I'd post something on FB if it was meant to be a surprise!!

sodbuster

sodbuster

Reclusive curmudgeon

• Site Patron
  • 3,157 posts

Another one found then? How nice for them. That's all from me on this. No use being redundant.

Research.Contributor.Signature.png
MOTOLOGO.Signature.gif

Dirty

Dirty

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

I don't know anything about this but it looks legit to me...

But then again looks can be deceiving.  i hope it's all legit.  

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,746 posts

Well well well........ staying tuned. I wonder if Thailand has contacted him yet. :wow:

Posted Image

gto455

gto455

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Thought the same as Mikku...if dads a bike guy its no surprise now!

OLDSKOOLPK

OLDSKOOLPK

WEE-MAN

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Well well well........ staying tuned. I wonder if Thailand has contacted him yet. :wow:

We all know that's where it will end up.....no matter the attachment, $$$$$ talks.

TrulyOdd

TrulyOdd

Forum god

• Admin
  • 6,437 posts
Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Who's the dude in the pic?

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,251 posts

it was brought to my attention that he made his way to the museum... and that makes perfect sense.

Whether it is real or not, and I guess there is a good chance it is, it is just the strange dynamic surrounding this stuff. Makes me not give a fuck. This creates a strange internal contradiction for me - I love SE stuff and should be fascinated, but I can't stand the way hobbyists and or interlopers conduct themselves to such a degree that I just want to turn it all off.  

He keeps referencing shit talking and stuff... I actually didn't see a lot of that.  It kind of got a little worse on the museum vs. what I saw on FB yesterday, but he is saying the same stuff about controversy and haters, etc. since yesterday morning when I first saw it on FB. 

:Yawn:

sodbuster

sodbuster

Reclusive curmudgeon

• Site Patron
  • 3,157 posts

Maybe it's not all from me. Real or not it is too heavily encrusted in bullshit! I'll ignore it from here on out I promise. The sycophants are free to hump all the leg they want. Enjoy! 

MOTOLOGO.Signature.gif

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,746 posts

You know I have no self control. Dude that started the thread over there isnt the guy in the pic but some fucking absolute blowhard that went on and on about "you must not know who I am" I couldnt help but going postal on his dumbass. Steve, Im with you. Just cant take anymore.......

Posted Image

mmmmitsajelly

mmmmitsajelly

• Site Patron
  • 1,348 posts

Methinks he doth protesteth too much. Somethings up...Both them cats come off a little sideways. Be interesting to see when it hits the rocky escarpment...

sodbuster

sodbuster

Reclusive curmudgeon

• Site Patron
  • 3,157 posts

You know I have no self control. Dude that started the thread over there isnt the guy in the pic but some fucking absolute blowhard that went on and on about "you must not know who I am" I couldnt help but going postal on his dumbass. Steve, Im with you. Just cant take anymore.......

Yea I saw that. On the other hand I have a new fondness for old Coleman lanterns.

1926327.jpg

The people that are into them seem so chill in comparison. HA!

MOTOLOGO.Signature.gif

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,168 posts

Funny how at least one of those guys has managed to "reinvent" himself from his squidness reality of his youth...

OLDSKOOLPK

OLDSKOOLPK

WEE-MAN

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts
I think it's Rods bike. Why else would we have to wait 2 weeks for it to be a surprise on Father's Day?

First pic is what the dude posted up as a hint....
received_866723216799968.jpeg
Second pic is me searching for something close.
Screenshot_20170605-234417.png

Thoughts fellas?? I see tire is different and pedals..... but I still think it's Beckerings stolen bike/frame.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,251 posts

I didn't see the clue when he posted it?  In light of that, I'd say you could be on to something.

thebmxgalleryboss

thebmxgalleryboss

Advanced Member

• Suspended
  • 210 posts

my comments is with drawn ..

Edited by thebmxgalleryboss, 06 June 2017 - 06:53 AM.

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,746 posts
Jon, dude posted that dropout pic of Rod because someone else posted that the frame is fake because the dropouts on the mystery frame were in a different location than the drops on Haneys frame. I pointed out that they were all prototypes welded by three different shops so differences dont instantly make it fake. He posted that pic just to prove the naysayer wrong. Nothing more, I dont think.
Posted Image

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,746 posts
Cant edit on mobile site. Clarification. He posted the side by side pic of the bike in action to the one of him holding frame.

Sod. Ill check out Colemancollectors.com now :)
Posted Image

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,746 posts
I never realized that pic of Rod sitting on the bike was an str proto. Just figured it was a str/quad.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Powerlite

-----
Uploaded by Larock
27 February 2010 - 06:03 AM
614 Views · 0 Comments

Spider

-----
PPP Power Disk
Uploaded by 2blader