Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Old school Cook Bros. small BB

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Whiteman

Whiteman

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Two differant times, but not that far apart, Corona raceway NBA Nationals, not sure of the year, but late 70"s, and early Monrovia Saturday morning BMX racing at its best. I had my Webco ripped off at the Teen Center, Van Nuys, the week of the first NBA Nationals in the Los Angeles convention center, indoors for the first time, wood jumps, rosin on the corners, street tires etc. So getting ready for my first ever National without a bike was hard, still Friday at Teen Center to get my s*#t together. So, one of the all time real deal old school dudes I can even put that tag on, was David Clinton, that guy dint know me from jack, told me to come to the bike shop by the Van Nuys airport he worked at and not to worry, he would get me set up on a new chariot and be ready to roll for Friday night to acclimate to the new wheels. That being said, he started the build with a Cook Bros. Pro long version small BB frame and fork, Araya rims laced up with Shimano Dura Ace hubs, Tuff neck stem, Dura Ace black line cranks, and list goes on, I had a Pro racers bike and at a fraction of the cost. This bike was like nothing I had ever ridden in my life. I smoked the class that Friday night, and made it to semis at the nationals, but not enough to make the main and place. Thank you David for truly being a BMX legend!

Attached Thumbnails

• 25FC894F-E22C-4F9C-A537-3A88C10AA3CF (5).JPG
  • 25FC894F-E22C-4F9C-A537-3A88C10AA3CF (4).JPG

TrulyOdd

TrulyOdd

Forum god

• Admin
  • 6,243 posts
Cool story. Love the pics...keep them coming.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,064 posts

awesome!

mmmmitsajelly

mmmmitsajelly

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Nothing like a well tuned rig...Such a cool story to hear. Thanks for the memory jar and love the pics...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SE

-----
Uploaded by Surf911S
14 February 2010 - 02:43 AM
323 Views · 0 Comments

-----
ACS Z RIMS 24"
Uploaded by chicago.al
03 February 2010 - 05:49 PM
251 Views · 0 Comments