Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

COMMENTS & DISCUSSION - BOTY 2015

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

I hope this is not the last one. there always fun to be part of. maybe we can make one more in 2016. I know I want to build a 70's BMX next year and maybe a couple freestyle bikes and another cruiser. I am sure there are others that will build bikes. wounder if no more  society shows had a hand in low turn out in this years Boty.??

shinglehead

shinglehead

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

I hope this isn't the last one also. Thanks for taking the time to "Make it Happen" Steve. It's always fun for me to see where my taste falls in with everyone else. I marched to my own beat on a few this year, and fell in line on some of the others.

Also, thumbs up to the dudes that took the time to participate this year. Nice work boys.

Edited by shinglehead, 23 December 2015 - 11:58 AM.

DavidSieber

DavidSieber
  • Users
  • 1 posts
How do I get permission to vote??

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,205 posts

Hi David,

Welcome to the site.

Here's the thing... we protect the integrity of the event by not allowing new members to vote, if they are brand new sign ups during BOTY voting.  The reason is because in the past we have had problems with people joining the site strictly to vote for friends, we've also had people try to register new accounts to vote for themselves in the past. 

We can't have that.  It's unfair to the members that enter bikes in the event.  The BOTY is for members to show off what they've done this past year.  Of course, it is fun to have a little competition, and that's a good time and exciting for the people who enter as well as those members who only vote.  That said... it's for people with an established interest in the site and the bikes - if people join solely to vote for a particular bike, and never engage the site otherwise, that sort of misses the point and skews the event for those that are actually interested in this community.

I actually didn't think this pre-caution would be necessary this year, due to the fact that participation is down... but some of the classes are VERY tight, and clearly it is an issue at this point.

Sorry... I hope you can understand this perspective and the reasons that arise from that.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,205 posts
Congratulations to the 2015 BOTY Class Winners

Stand by for the over all BOTY  :rockout: 

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

cool I got 2 votes that's rad since I don't vote for my self I thought I would get no votes. seeing what Rad bikes I went up against so thanks!

but come on people OS 60's to 79 had 58 member voting. yet other class's had like 43 voters. what gives spread the love.

for me I vote as if I woke suddenly up say back in 1970, 1980 or 1990 and so on. went  to thew local bike shop. all these bikes in each class were on sale for the same price. so what bike in each class screams to me to take it home to ride and love it. that's the bike I cast my vote for.

Mikku

Mikku

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Some great builds here, as always, even if the numbers were down, so long may BOTY continue! I will also pull my finger out and enter myself next year!

oldsklHaro

oldsklHaro

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Voted!

Bet my 2015 TS woulda gave'm hell!! LOL :rawks:

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,205 posts

Voted!

That was nice... do you ride it and put it through the freestyle paces?  Looked super pristine.

oldsklHaro

oldsklHaro

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Voted!

That was nice... do you ride it and put it through the freestyle paces?  Looked super pristine.

Thanks Steve......when I picked up the f/f I totally intended on it being my new daily rider but one brand new expensive part let to another and before I knew it I had a couple G's into it so yes, I do ride it but I do not put my feet anywhere but on the pedals! LOL

I have plenty of other riders to thrash on so this one will remain in new condition except for some dirt on the tires :ThumbsUp:

Edited by oldsklHaro, 29 December 2015 - 08:29 PM.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,205 posts

Congrats to Rick for the over all win, with his ProFab.

I request that all of you that entered, please add your bike to the Database;

http://www.bmxsociety.com/bmx/bikes

dewabo

dewabo

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Well deserved Rick! Good job Steve!

Posted Image

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,164 posts
Thanks to all. Fun watching this.

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,683 posts

Congrats Rick!!

Posted Image

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 1,012 posts
Nice win man congratulations. Torker gets second in as many years lol. I hope this happens same time next year. Thanks again Steve for al the effort needed to run the BEST bike show on the planet.

route66

route66

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Congratulations on the win Rick. Thank you for putting on the show Steve. I sure hope you keep this online BOTY going .....

Texasbmx

Texasbmx

Formerly known as "Bornintheusa"

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

OK...  please make sure your BOTY entry is listed on the ballot.

I checked all the links and they seem to work.  Every ballot entry is a "hot link" to the bike described on that line of the ballot.

This has been easier to manage due to lower turnout, but having to move bikes around and substitute entries has been rather tedious.  For some reason some of the changes wouldn't stick initially... but I think everything is OK now.

Here's the changes and moves that were triggered by low turn out this year:

** The separate 24" and 26" 80's and earlier Cruiser classes was merged into a single 24 and 26 class.

** The 20" 80's race class was changed to a 20" and under "Open Class" to accommodate the single pit bike and freestyle bike entries.  My apologies to the os-bmx-guy for his sweet Trick Star and King Stinger for his great GT pit not being able to compete with their peers in their own class.  They are both "winner caliber" bikes and deserve better. As I said in the entry threads, though they've been merged to the open class for voting... you may consider them the class winner for Freestyle and Pit, as far as I'm concerned.  They are good enough.

** The "New School Class" was disbanded... the two entries were placed in to Mid-School 20" and Mid-School cruiser class.  Both these belonged to Freestyle Freek.  In this case, since the bikes were from 2000 and 2005... maybe an expanded Mid-class is more fitting anyway.  

I think that's everything...  apologies if I over looked something - I have a ton going on the past couple days and am getting ready to leave town for the holiday in a few hours.  I will be traveling with spotty internet until afternoon on the 23rd.  Please bear with me on any issues that may arise. I will try to address things asap, if need be.

P.S.  Thanks to everybody that entered a bike.  That's cool of you.  Hard to say what 2016 will bring, but I'd say there is a pretty fair chance that this will be the last BOTY.  There just doesn't seem to be enough interest in putting bikes together to sustain it any more. 

Another end of an era?   We'll see, I know some of us will continue to plod along with bikes, so time will tell.

I sure hope this is not going to be the last BOTY Steve... Worst case scenario one category for all the bikes built will fit all of them. I'll be very bummed if this is the last one... It will be the first one I enter!

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,205 posts

yeah... I will always do it if there is enough participation.

Cycle24-7

Cycle24-7

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

I know I havnt been in here as much as I used to, but I have been building, I got at least 4 or 5 bikes I can enter, so If you guys do a 2016 BOTY.. Im down!.  If not, Ill run the bikes thru individually, like I normally do...P.S. I looked for a relevant thread, this was the closest one I can find. I didnt see BOTY 2016 anywhere. Sorry if I missed it..

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

so there will be one this year? if yes Cool count me !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SE Racing

-----
Uploaded by Brian Hays
20 May 2014 - 07:37 PM
530 Views · 0 Comments

Brake Lever

-----
Fishbone Skull levers
Uploaded by keep_it_warm
02 February 2010 - 12:37 AM