Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

COMMENTS & DISCUSSION - BOTY 2015

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

I just uploaded 2 of my builds hop there in the right place/ category may up load one more build..

Bob Sieber

Bob Sieber

• Users
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
i can't seem to edit my entry post...doesnt it close on the 20th?

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,734 posts

Edit window for non-supporting site members closes after a few days.

Mark Mc

Mark Mc

• Supporting Member
  • 1,195 posts

Got mine in. Whew. That's either 5 or 6 years running!

Posted Image

shinglehead

shinglehead

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Dang, those mini's are SICK!

king stinger

king stinger

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Just got 2 bikes enterd,enjoy them,16 pit and mid school 24

sodbuster

sodbuster

Reclusive curmudgeon

• Site Patron
  • 3,202 posts

What has already been submitted is looking fantastic so far! This is the first year in a very long time I have had nothing ready for submission. The fact bums me out to be sure. But it does not mean I have been idle. The lab has been a hot bed of acctivity as of late and when I get done with the latest project it will be a mind blower!

I also did another project that was completed, but it was a revamp on a bike that I had already submitted in a past BOTY. That revamped bike kind of goes hand in hand with what I am working on now so I intend to reveal both bikes together in the same thread.

I should see completion on my latest BMX build by Febuary. I have not given it a formal name yet, so for now I call it project "buggy bumper."

Research.Contributor.Signature.png
MOTOLOGO.Signature.gif

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

I just uploaded 2 of my builds hop there in the right place/ category may up load one more build..

make that 3  :ROTFLMAO:

but I really dig that Torker mini  :Want:

nycet3

nycet3

• Supporting Member
  • 1,941 posts
Folks,

Full disclosure:

I posted my 1979 MXII in boty. I realized after submitting that I had removed three chain ring bolts to put on my sons bike a month ago. I'm not home now but I will replace the bolts and replace the photo later this afternoon. But as it sits, the bike is missing three bolts.

Rookie move or that of a brain dead father?

nycet3

nycet3

• Supporting Member
  • 1,941 posts
My chain ring bolt oversight has been rectified.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,734 posts

PLEASE NOTE:

Mid-School Cruiser class has been broadened to include bikes up to 2005.  Just made sense in a lot of ways, especially this year.

So... the 2000 and 2005 era bikes that had been in New School... are now in Mid-School.

The new school class will not exist this year due to lack of participation.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,734 posts

Similarly...

24" and 26" old school cruisers have merged into one - Old School Cruiser Class

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

PLEASE NOTE:

Mid-School Cruiser class has been broadened to include bikes up to 2005.  Just made sense in a lot of ways, especially this year.

So... the 2000 and 2005 era bikes that had been in New School ... are now in Mid-School.

The new school class will not exist this year due to lack of participation.

bummer low turn out it is what is tho. so did my bike got moved?

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

why is my 20" 2001 Free Agent Limo in mid school cruiser class?

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,734 posts

You might have noticed, based on the posts above yours and the fact that the threads are currently locked... all of which indicate that the process of building the polls and evaluating the category structure is ongoing.  Sit tight... you'll have plenty of time to correct any issues with things when it's all actually ready.  As we do every year... there will be a moment to check your entry after which the polls will open.

Your "new school" bikes are probably going to end up in a more fitting category... unfortunately other people will have their bike moved into a relatively less similar class.  

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

You might have noticed, based on the posts above yours and the fact that the threads are currently locked... all of which indicate that the process of building the polls and evaluating the category structure is ongoing.  Sit tight... you'll have plenty of time to correct any issues with things when it's all actually ready.  As we do every year... there will be a moment to check your entry after which the polls will open.

Your "new school" bikes are probably going to end up in a more fitting category... unfortunately other people will have their bike moved into a relatively less similar class.  

OK got it thanks for the fast reply.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,734 posts

We'll get things kicked off later today.  Light turn out over all, though it did end up being more bikes than I thought it would be initially.  Still, we did not get enough participation in some classes to make up a ballot of like "competitors".

After some deliberation...  I guess we'll have to combine some classes - and while some of the combining was an easy mix - like combining the old school 24 and 26 classes, in other cases it's going to be a bit less natural in terms of the combining.  There was only one Freestyle bike this year unfortunately, though it is a very nice one.  Similarly, the pit bike is a nice example, but only one was entered.

As far as I'm concerned, you guys can be declared the winners of your respective classes as they were both great entries.  None the less, I am going to go ahead and combine your entries with other categories though... so that they can actually take part in the voting process.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,734 posts

OK...  please make sure your BOTY entry is listed on the ballot.

I checked all the links and they seem to work.  Every ballot entry is a "hot link" to the bike described on that line of the ballot.

This has been easier to manage due to lower turnout, but having to move bikes around and substitute entries has been rather tedious.  For some reason some of the changes wouldn't stick initially... but I think everything is OK now.

Here's the changes and moves that were triggered by low turn out this year:

** The separate 24" and 26" 80's and earlier Cruiser classes was merged into a single 24 and 26 class.

** The 20" 80's race class was changed to a 20" and under "Open Class" to accommodate the single pit bike and freestyle bike entries.  My apologies to the os-bmx-guy for his sweet Trick Star and King Stinger for his great GT pit not being able to compete with their peers in their own class.  They are both "winner caliber" bikes and deserve better. As I said in the entry threads, though they've been merged to the open class for voting... you may consider them the class winner for Freestyle and Pit, as far as I'm concerned.  They are good enough.

** The "New School Class" was disbanded... the two entries were placed in to Mid-School 20" and Mid-School cruiser class.  Both these belonged to Freestyle Freek.  In this case, since the bikes were from 2000 and 2005... maybe an expanded Mid-class is more fitting anyway.  

I think that's everything...  apologies if I over looked something - I have a ton going on the past couple days and am getting ready to leave town for the holiday in a few hours.  I will be traveling with spotty internet until afternoon on the 23rd.  Please bear with me on any issues that may arise. I will try to address things asap, if need be.

P.S.  Thanks to everybody that entered a bike.  That's cool of you.  Hard to say what 2016 will bring, but I'd say there is a pretty fair chance that this will be the last BOTY.  There just doesn't seem to be enough interest in putting bikes together to sustain it any more. 

Another end of an era?   We'll see, I know some of us will continue to plod along with bikes, so time will tell.

os_bmx_guy

os_bmx_guy

• Users
  • 5 posts
Thank you for the compliments and no worries regarding moving the Trick Star to the open class. I never worry about winning anything, I'm just happy to hang out with the bmx brotherhood. I'll gladly enter any of my builds next year if you choose to run the BOTY for 2016. Thanks again for putting the BOTY on and good luck to all the competitors.

nycet3

nycet3

• Supporting Member
  • 1,941 posts
Steve,
I'll be trickling out bikes, the same as I always have.

I know how much work all of this (the site, etc.) is for you. I won't like it if this is the last BOTY, but I understand.

Thanks, man.
Happy Holidays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BMX Products-Mongoose

-----
Uploaded by se666
11 June 2012 - 05:09 AM
751 Views · 0 Comments

Cranks

Cycle-Craft Fether Cranks (Junior Size)
Uploaded by dubplatestyle