Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

COMMENTS & DISCUSSION - BOTY 2015

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,064 posts

boty_button_generic.jpg

This is the comment and discussion thread. Each year we maintain a special thread designated for comments about the bikes and event. If you want to make comments on the BOTY submissions, let's try to keep them in this thread.

Feel free to chat it up and post links to what you are oggling, but let's keep the submission and voting threads clutter free. This will be pinned to the top of the BOTY forum.

Also, just remember... if you are new to the site and can't find your way back to this forum... just click on the BOTY graphic on the right side of your screen, it looks like this:

boty_button_generic.jpg

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,064 posts

I urge people that are new to the event to try to avoid getting worked up about the categories and cut off periods for the different classes.  We've been doing this for a long time and a decade's experience running the event has shaped the way things are set up.  

Now... that said, precisely because we've been doing it so long, there are things that are a bit dated - the New School Class for instance... when we began, New School only went about 4 years into the past... now, in 2015... we go back 15 years.  It's a bit too broad.

However - evolution in this and all other classes will depend entirely on participation.  If we get enough participation, we will split the classes up into categories with a more narrow focus.  

Depending on participation we well gladly split any era be it 70's, 80's, 90's or 00's.  Just put your bike in and let's see what happens.

Also note that a category may be withdrawn due to low participation... last year for instance, we did not have enough sidehacks and tandems.  The hobby has changed a lot over the years... time will tell if this is even a relevant end of year event at this point.  Let's see.

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 995 posts
Hey Steve is there a lint on photos ?

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,064 posts

Hey Steve is there a lint on photos ?

No, not that I'm aware of... what happened?

SantaAnaMassachusetts

SantaAnaMassachusetts

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

11 days to get a rear hub, lace and true both wheels and assemble.

My clock is ticking.

AC

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 995 posts
Nothing just don't want to plug up the post that's all

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,064 posts

Nothing just don't want to plug up the post that's all

Ha... yeah now worries.  I thought you must have been having trouble uploading pics.

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 995 posts
Thinking about tossing the other survivors up in the mix, but don't want to be "that guy" lol

TrulyOdd

TrulyOdd

Forum god

• Admin
  • 6,243 posts
definitely post them. the BOTY is really just about showcasing bikes found and built during the year.

It's a cool way to see the whole year all together.

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 995 posts
Ok odd ya talked me in to it I will post in the morning

oldbuzzard

oldbuzzard

Advanced Member

• Site Patron
  • 253 posts

I have a couple to enter. Try to enter one tonight

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 995 posts
Well I got em posted. Took the torker for a spin river side yesterday, and she rides great.

Mikku

Mikku

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Glad to hear it rides as good as it looks! Definitely a survivor with all the "crazy stuff" going on with it!

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 995 posts
I'm to nervous to take apart, and even add more grease to it lol

route66

route66

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Well I just posted my two builds for the year in the 26" section. Hope you guys enjoy them :)

getset

getset

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

I'm not seeing where I can add photos.  I got my information all written up and then I couldn't find the upload pictures button?  I don't see it here either?  WTH, I've loaded pictures here before.  I don't know why I'm not seeing it?

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,064 posts

I'm not seeing where I can add photos.  I got my information all written up and then I couldn't find the upload pictures button?  I don't see it here either?  WTH, I've loaded pictures here before.  I don't know why I'm not seeing it?

The only thing I can think of is that you are not choosing the "More Reply Options" button?

http://www.bmxsociet...post-your-bike/

ps... I just logged into your account and I see the options are indeed there to upload pics.  If you still can't get it going, maybe there are some browser incompatibilities or glitches?  Seems unlikely but I don't know what else it could be at this point, if you are actually choosing the "More Reply Options" button.

getset

getset

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

More reply options, that's what I was missing.  thanks Steve!

route66

route66

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Your Volcan is looking nice. I am digging the wheel set

More reply options, that's what I was missing.  thanks Steve!

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 995 posts
Love the big boys !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dirt Master

Uploaded by Spur
16 November 2011 - 07:29 PM
397 Views · 0 Comments

Stem