Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

One of my grails found !!! JMC standard long pick up

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 1,090 posts

Ok I never thought I would ever own one and after years of asking this guy about his bike that has been hanging in his garage for years. You see when I walk in to a shop and see people around my age I always ask " do you have any old BMX stuff sitting around" now 95% of the time I get no leads.
How ever a few years ago I met the owner of this bike and have been asking since "what up with that bike ?" So finally here it is. The frame set came with an 81 mongoose with all of the parts on it from BITD when he raced other then the OG rims " he's diggin for them now "
Any way I am stocked about this I got the JMC registration card never filled out and he is even finding the receipt.
Any way persistence pays off so don't stop the hunt !!!! Lol my way enjoy
The pics are of how I got it all the way to me outing it together last night lolimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

oldjoe

oldjoe

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Those are sweet especially the jmc bitd I lusted for a jmc but only seen them in magazines your so lucky enjoy that bad boy!!!

Texasbmx

Texasbmx

Formerly known as "Bornintheusa"

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
Damn, that is killer. I'm really digging that goose too. Did you keep it a survivor?

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 1,090 posts
The last owner is even going to dig out some old photos of him racing the bike BITD at Waterford for me.

All the parts on the goose were from the JMC he said when he got bigger he was afraid he would bust the frame of the JMC so they went on the goose F/F

Texasbmx

Texasbmx

Formerly known as "Bornintheusa"

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
I need to get better comprehension skills haha. That's super cool, I would have done the same thing.

oldjoe

oldjoe

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
My ass misses a uni seat !

FREESTYLE FREEK

FREESTYLE FREEK

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

sweet makes me miss my JMC had it for 1 week. my dad found it left in a rental house he owned.. the house was the old house I was born in. any way he found it 1992 in the rafters of the garage. looked like your frame. gave it to the kid a cross the street. thought he needed a good bike so built it up with used parts me and a friend had..  :teary:  so much for are good dead he sold it for $15.00 to buy  weed.

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 1,090 posts
Yea sometimes you think your doing a kid a solid and well he sells it for pot !!

TrulyOdd

TrulyOdd

Forum god

• Admin
  • 6,629 posts
Cool pick ups!

yardsale2

yardsale2

• Sustaining Member
  • 1,090 posts
Even got the registration card that was never filled out !!!image.jpg image.jpg

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

Dean of Old School Science

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
sweet
Posted Image

reservoir.grizzly

reservoir.grizzly

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
killer bike...with the black fork & all. really nice find. congrats!

osRLracer

osRLracer

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Yummy !!!!! great story and find !!!!! getting  a JMC is on a lot of grail lists ......... congrats !!!!!

Posted Image

steve bourke

steve bourke

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

that is a dialed mongoose

brycebarker

brycebarker

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Killer pick up! That is a find that we all wish we could experience. Thanks for the share.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gobby MX

-----
Uploaded by reservoir.grizzly
09 January 2015 - 10:33 PM
1255 Views · 0 Comments

Frame / Fork Set

-----
Fuji Feather Professional
Uploaded by bloud
27 August 2010 - 09:40 PM