Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

SE Racing Jerseys!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OLDSKOOLPK

OLDSKOOLPK

WEE-MAN

• Supporting Member
  • 5096 posts
I have a few SE Racing jerseys and would like to know if they can be set to a certain period??

Of course I would love to have a red/yellow Jersey but those seem to be impossible to find or purchase.

Ok SE nerds....help me out!! :bowdownAll:

1st up is a Youth Large with Ryder modeling it! M&M tag, Factory Ace logo on chest, arms and back with M&M Racing logo on both arms.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2nd is a Large with M&M tag. This one says BMX Innovations on the chest and both arms and no logo on the back.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

3rd is a Adult Small, no name on the tag. SE Racing logo on the front and back, SE Racing logo with wings on both shoulders/arms. I got this off of Sander back in the day and came in a crusty old bag that was sealed when I got it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Last but not least is the one I think is the oldest out of the bunch?? No size but has a SE Racing BMX Innovations Action Wear tag. SE Racing BMX Innovations logo on chest and back, long SE Racing BMX Innovations logos and M&M Apparel logos on both arms.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

lboorse2

lboorse2

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 5009 posts
Jon, I think the winged one your little guy is wearing may be circa 84/85-ish. Toby's wearing a similar one on the Feb '85 BMX Plus cover.

I dig the other winged myself with the solid brown sleeves.

Research.Contributor.Signature.png

Capt. Nemo

Capt. Nemo

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1238 posts
I had the 3rd one. Right around 85-86.

IMG_0013.jpg

The 26incher

The 26incher

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 3257 posts
Damn, your kid got big quick...

CharleyGnarlyP290

CharleyGnarlyP290

• Sustaining Member
  • 1454 posts
Can't really help you with dates, but I think the order of oldest to newest as pictured:

blikum

blikum

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
I had the second one in '80 - '81.

OLDSKOOLPK

OLDSKOOLPK

WEE-MAN

• Supporting Member
  • 5096 posts

Damn, your kid got big quick...

Haha! He turns 2 (already) in June! He's a little monster and loves when we go down to the basement to work and look at the bikes!

He's gonna be on a SE ride very soon!

Thanks guys with helping with the years on the jerseys!

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 16579 posts
The first SE Jerseys were red with a gold yoke (This is 77ish)
url-9.jpeg
Stu.SE.77.jpeg

I believe (though my certainty is only about 90%) that the Blue with Brown yoke with the SE bubble logo just above the elbow on upper arm is the first of the blue and brown jerseys. This would be 1978/early 79
Stu.EarlyBlu.Brown.Jersey.jpeg

Stu.STR-1.jpeg

SEDerekBrown.jpg

by the way... the first version of the helmet wings kicked in about here too.

For a long time, I thought these were the first Blue & Brown Jersey, they have "BMX innovations" coming down off the shoulder, but I now believe these were probably the 2nd, hot on the heels of the above. 79-80. There is also a version of this jersey with full brown sleeves, rather than brown yoke on blue as pictured here. The full brown sleeves might have been the commercial release for non-factory riders, though I haven't really searched definitively to find if that is the case.

Beckering.jpeg

Scot.Om.Tweaked.jpg
Stu.Scot.Pits.jpeg

Then... the first Blue with Brown yoke with the wings... These set the bar so high for bmx aesthetics imo. 81 I'll say.
SE.back.in.the.day.Perry.Beckering.Bubba.StevieHays.LonnieTatton.jpg

ScotBfree1.jpg Rod.SE.jpg

Then... this version of the winged. I think this is one of the sickest old school ad photos ever:
LonnieTatton.RodBeckering.BubbaHays.jpg
Toby.SE.jpeg

So that's the rough order up to the mid 80's. There may have been other versions I've missed, and there were definitely some sort of "practice jersey" versions, like Rupe is wearing here:
Eric.Perry.SE.jpeg

I've had a few beers. I might have to edit the time line tomorrow. :wink:

OLDSKOOLPK

OLDSKOOLPK

WEE-MAN

• Supporting Member
  • 5096 posts
Whoa Steve! Damn! That's some serious history dropped!

Wish I could find a red/yellow for my collection, even though I always think brown/blue when I think SE.

Thanks for the lesson and some right click SAVE pics for the files!

Cheers!

Capt. Nemo

Capt. Nemo

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1238 posts
Here is the best pic I have of me in my first SE jersey.

IMG_0009.jpg

I remember it wasn't made from the typical "jersey" material, but a solid cotton blend. Pretty darn warm in the summer.

I'm thinking it was some kind of cold weather jersey, or, like Steve mentioned with Rupe's, a practice jersey.

I remember wearing it to middle school with such pride.

:)

I got it around the same time as my Quad. 82-83. But who knows how long it was sitting in the shop before I got it.

CharleyGnarlyP290

CharleyGnarlyP290

• Sustaining Member
  • 1454 posts
Here is the jersey I got when I became a member of the local Hot Shop Team. This was in '82 and I wore mine to high school and then college when I started in '83. Wore this baby proudly. The only reason I don't were it now is it shrunk too much... :whistling:

Attached Thumbnails

• scan0020.jpg
  • 2012-03-24_12-03-32_603.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BMXsociety Show The Bicycle Source Fireman's Bikes Rick's Bike Shop Bike_of_the_year