Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

All things reproduced

• Please log in to reply
677 replies to this topic

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,209 posts

Your creativity

Funny stuff.

That could have been directed at anyone of the repopers. Only one took it personally.

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

Dean of Old School Science

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
Wrong - it's a former employee from bitd who married into the family - and Jim will contribute and ensure things are handled in accordance to the vision (what was your connection again, some kid on your block owned one or something)...... That's why it has taken this long, he wanted to ensure it was brought forth correctly, so as to not upset legacy or the collectibility of his former relics.

But again I can't speak for them and it will be something I will closely follow, not that I matter but solely out of interest - my feelings are that Jim was never one to sell out and his passion for the sport out shined even the money - it wasn't about the money (another little something you'll never understand) . he kept it intimate and personal - even in recent yrs of being asked on numerous occasion to sell off rights or take part in projects.

So get your stories straight before you step.
Posted Image

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
And can you please stop buzz-killing my thread like have been the hobby - thanks
Posted Image

jmc/ace

jmc/ace

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

it's not Jim, it's his...nephew or whatever...2,000 miles away on the west coast, who probably just recently learned what the acronym BMX stands for. Point is, I knew for years JMC was coming back and that Jim wanted it to come back...even whilst guys like you drivel about what you think you know with words like "sacred" and whatever. Unlike you, I think it's a good thing, regardless who is currently captain of the ship.

It's his son inlaw who worked at JMC as a welder and he is married to his daughter who worked at JMC when it was a bike shop. They are located in So-Cal (the birth place of BMX as we know it) not too far from the original JMC location.

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
Jive/peregrine/A'me cam grips
Elf
Cyclecraft
Posted Image

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,209 posts

It's his son inlaw who worked at JMC as a welder and he is married to his daughter who worked at JMC when it was a bike shop. They are located in So-Cal (the birth place of BMX as we know it) not too far from the original JMC location.

Wait for you to come up with facts Adam. :)

Joe Buffardi

Joe Buffardi

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
?

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
Lets keep the discussion going on track please guys

just seriously want a list of all things to be conscious of when in the market for certain items - plus I wanna see if there's stuff added I have yet to be aware of, to be quite honest.

Thx
Posted Image

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
Comp IIIs
Pro class hoops

Tech III lvrs
Posted Image

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Kuwi laser bars

wow, did they etch them too?

YUP !

Kuwi ETs
MKS bm-7 pedals
Posted Image

John De Bruin

John De Bruin

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

- my feelings are that Jim was never one to sell out and his passion for the sport out shined even the money - it wasn't about the money (another little something you'll never understand) . he kept it intimate and personal - even in recent yrs of being asked on numerous occasion to sell off rights or take part in projects.

So get your stories straight before you step.

I don't have stories like you, I have facts...and they are straight. I've left everything up there that you are completely wrong about. But my goal is not to come on here and bash Jim or any other person that's trying to do something for the sport...or even you who have a passion for the brand. But you could certainly use a little enlightening...and a little understanding towards other's viewpoints that might not mesh exactly with yours along the way wouldn't hurt either.

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
This "off" spray ain't workin too good ... Still some buzzin 'in my ear

Anyway

Skyway TAs/tuff IIs alloy flange
Posted Image

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
If your view points have anything to do with exploiting the "vintage" in "vintage collecting" then you can suck a fatty in my book, doesn't matter to me what brand - end story.

Which reminds me
GHP
CW racing (actually not sure if they made exact replicas, so this may be subject to correction)
Posted Image

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
JU6s - just a handful (mods) but enough to cause damage
Skyway race bars
Nat pro bars/forks
VDC bars/forks
Posted Image

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
Profile 2gen cranks/ 110 stars

Bullseye pedals
Posted Image

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,209 posts

Profile 2gen cranks/ 110 stars

Bullseye pedals

Phil Wood spiders

Spur

Spur

Forum Grouch

• Site Patron
  • 8,169 posts

CW racing (actually not sure if they made exact replicas, so this may be subject to correction)

Not exact, they are obviously different, the framesets anyway. I think the bars and seatposts are obviously different too. Not sure about softgoods, I don't know enough and haven't seen enough to speak on it.

don't pee yourself spur, it wasn't that funny

Of course you wouldn't think so seeing that it was directed at you.

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
I'm with you on'em - pretty sure they only made more of a retro then a repoop

So no hate on that tip....the new c-dub don't belong on the list, as of yet, cross fingers.
Posted Image

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
There have been a few cw "phase 1" mods done over the yrs though
Posted Image

John De Bruin

John De Bruin

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I'm with you on'em - pretty sure they only made more of a retro then a repoop

So no hate on that tip....the new c-dub don't belong on the list, as of yet, cross fingers.

Then why have Hutch pedals on your list? The CW frames were all old technology, with exception of minor geometry tweaks. Hutch pedals were the same thing...specific added differences to distinguish from vintage, yet you still have your hate list that is custom tailored to suit your need. A moving target of misinformation and hate that adds zero contribution to BMX. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Robinson

-----
Uploaded by oldbuzzard
28 December 2014 - 03:32 AM
841 Views · 0 Comments

Seat Post Lay Back

-----
Kuwahara Bravo
Uploaded by Texasbmx
28 July 2016 - 04:17 AM