Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

BOTY Comments & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Larock

Larock

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
Patrick bringing more heat to the 79 and earlier class! Posted Image
Posted Image

COASTY

COASTY

bronzed Aussie

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts
I just wanted to be in the game so that's why my retro dragster is there.
Carry on.
79 + earlier is a crazy class ! All classes are gonna be soo hard to pick.
Posted Image

Cycle24-7

Cycle24-7

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
Truly odd's Astubula is off the hook, almost looks like military, the most coolest finish ever. That is a winner ....

se666

se666

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Patrick's bringing out the artillery! I have not even finished my 79 bike yet. Man game over!

oldnslow

oldnslow

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
The FMF is nuts. But then again, it is exactly what you'd expect from Broke's builds.

:bravo:

RyanPartridge

RyanPartridge

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
Great bikes so far!

What's really getting me stoked right now is...

Broke's FMF and GBoy....TrulyOdd's Ashtabula (plus it's #227 which makes me want to call it Jacke'e)....Shawn's 26" Champions...COASTY's MX dragster retro....the Mini Champion.....Joe's blue SE....I haven't got passed those categories yet.

It's gonna be tough voting this year!

When is Larock gonna drop a 70's BMX bomb and crash the website?!?! :power.of.suggestion:

getset

getset

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
The RRS, Nomura "under the house", the Hutch survivor, and Pat's Profile 24 are all killin' it for me.

I'm hoping to get some pictures taken this weekend and should have a couple posted up this weekend.

And RyanPatridge, I agree, where's Larock? I'm eager to see what he's been up to this year, too. :Cool_LikeThat:

Myke

Myke

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
Great bikes so far! Definitely going to be tough voting.

williwoods

williwoods

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
SE666/Pat - it would be great to see better pics of the experimental Phil hubs on your 26" DG. What exactly made them so special? from the pics it looks like the front hub has a special connection the flange? no pics of the rear though. From the pic of the front hub it looks kind of similar to the wheelchair hubs....no?

I am the owl...

I am the owl...

Sinner

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts
I am REALLY diggin that Basher. That is a killer bike. nikbsnjk's Hutch survivor (INSANE cranks!), BDIII, Melvinsarmy's Trickstar..... beautiful bikes.

Kerry

Kerry

Forum god

• Site Benefactor
  • 5,685 posts
Did you see dudes 26" Thunder Road tribute? Waaaaay cool

Cycle24-7

Cycle24-7

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
I like the A&A, thats cool....

Cycle24-7

Cycle24-7

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
Just a thought, due to the large interest in here for 70's 20 inch bmx'rs, wouldn't it make sense to split it up either 75" and eralier, then 76 thru 79? Or maybe heavy duty (astubula, a&a, webco) versus light racers (fmf, g-boy, champion, etc)?
Anybody with me??

se666

se666

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

SE666/Pat - it would be great to see better pics of the experimental Phil hubs on your 26" DG. What exactly made them so special? from the pics it looks like the front hub has a special connection the flange? no pics of the rear though. From the pic of the front hub it looks kind of similar to the wheelchair hubs....no?

Yes they were modified wheel chair hubs and were first gen for bmx bicycles maybe 1977? I would have to ask the products guy steve again for the entire story. I brought them there to have the bearings serviced and the allen tubes that go through the center in the rear hub replaced cause it was shot. He bearly got it finished in time for the June show. Apparently, an early prototype of the first gen hub.

Attached Thumbnails

• phil old.jpg
  • Phil2.jpg

sodbuster

sodbuster

Reclusive curmudgeon

• Site Patron
  • 3,198 posts

Just a thought, due to the large interest in here for 70's 20 inch bmx'rs, wouldn't it make sense to split it up either 75" and eralier, then 76 thru 79? Or maybe heavy duty (astubula, a&a, webco) versus light racers (fmf, g-boy, champion, etc)?
Anybody with me??

My answer to this would be no. Of the three bikes you cite as examples two of them would fall into the '76 and later catagory anyway. Plus ther isn't enough intrest in the pre 1975 stuff, as far fetched as that sounds it's true. As I write this there are 11 entries in the 1979 and older class. 10 of them are 1976 and newer. My A&A is the only one so far that is not. I would be a shoe in if the class was split but I don't care to get a win that way. But that's just me. Posted Image

Research.Contributor.Signature.png
MOTOLOGO.Signature.gif

williwoods

williwoods

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Yes they were modified wheel chair hubs and were first gen for bmx bicycles maybe 1977? I would have to ask the products guy steve again for the entire story. I brought them there to have the bearings serviced and the allen tubes that go through the center in the rear hub replaced cause it was shot. He bearly got it finished in time for the June show. Apparently, an early prototype of the first gen hub.

very cool

abozny

abozny

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
When I check out the bikes in the competition, I pick the ones I would like to have for myself. (Hmm, maybe I should make stupid offers?)

I am really digging the red mongoose. This is one of my favorite bikes from bitd even though I was never a mongoose guy. Remember Bobby Encinas holding up the blue one in the magazines back then? With those sweet aluminum shimano cranks, 7bs in silver. Now that is just a clean bike. I love the candy with all the silver any components. Plus the black mongoose suede seat. Very cool.

The very early motomag is also an obvious choice in the survivor class, but I think there are some people who are waiting for the last minute to drop the hammer in that class. But that bike is the best one so far, in my very humble opinion.

In the pre-79 class I also very much dig the Rampar that is a replica of Toby Henderson's bike and I am very privvy to the perfect Webco restoration, the blue one in there. That bike is all me, I love that blue color and the original parts all with non-drilled brake bridge and AAA restoration make it very cool.

It is going to be tough voting this year and the pre-79 class is completely out of control.

So enough of my worthless opinion, would like to hear what other guys think...

just editing my post to say that I just checked out the 80-87 class and there is not one bike there that I wouldn't like to have !!!

Cycle24-7

Cycle24-7

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Anybody with me??

My answer to this would be no. Of the three bikes you cite as examples two of them would fall into the '76 and later catagory anyway. Plus ther isn't enough intrest in the pre 1975 stuff, as far fetched as that sounds it's true. As I write this there are 11 entries in the 1979 and older class. 10 of them are 1976 and newer. My A&A is the only one so far that is not. I would be a shoe in if the class was split but I don't care to get a win that way. But that's just me. Posted Image

OK, I guess the split up I was thinking was really the light weight race bikes, versus the heavy duty Femco rim/moto mag bikes,as they seem to me to be 2 different animals. (I know, their all basically BMX machines) But, I felt I needed to at least suggest it. So its all good. Like I said, just a suggestion. Its all very cool, and I am not complaining at all, just trying to help. Thanks for the opportuniy that it is. As its all in fun... Good show...

Cycle24-7

Cycle24-7

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

very cool

Yes, very cool indeedy, just more coolness from the Pineapple. Its just how he rolls.... :bowdownAll:

getset

getset

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

When I check out the bikes in the competition, I pick the ones I would like to have for myself. (Hmm, maybe I should make stupid offers?)

It is going to be tough voting this year and the pre-79 class is completely out of control.

So enough of my worthless opinion, would like to hear what other guys think...

I agree, I look at which bike to vote for much the same way. At a bike show when I'm trying to decide which bike I should vote for I try and look for the bike I'd be willing to trade my own. I also like to think of which bike I would choose if someone offered to let me pick out any one bike to take home with me for free. Either way though, it's still going to be a difficult choice. It always takes me by surprise just how many cool and rare bikes show up for the society's BOTY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Matthews

-----
Uploaded by sodbuster
20 March 2015 - 04:09 AM
1036 Views · 0 Comments

Clothing

-----
Powerlite Powerlite patch
Uploaded by keep_it_warm
31 January 2010 - 10:37 PM