Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Name the bars (again)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

blikum

blikum

• Sustaining Member
  • 1,012 posts
It's time to play another game of "Name the bars". So anyone have any ideas? They are cruiser bars, 29" wide, little bit of a sweep to them. "Mexico" is stamped on the left side where the grip would go. There is double knurling that looks like it was made to accomodate a double clamp stem. Any ideas?

bars1.jpg
bars2.jpg
bars3.jpg

bravoleader

bravoleader

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
mexico stamped makes me think Kastan but that is a 100% guess ...... I dont even know if Kastan made bars ... I do know they have mexico stamped on the forks and the frames .....

blikum

blikum

• Sustaining Member
  • 1,012 posts
Kastan did make bars, although the ones that I've seen look nothing like these. I asked a friend who came over the other day and he said maybe Kastan also, but he wasn't certain either. Someone must know. Thanks for the input.

TrulyOdd

TrulyOdd

Forum god

• Staff
  • 5,616 posts
Haro and GT had some stuff made in mexico. maybe they're one of those??? Posted Image

bmx2112

bmx2112

ya dig!

• Sustaining Member
  • 10,829 posts
Yep look like Kastans, I had a set just like them and I'm pretty sure they were 29" wide as well.

blikum

blikum

• Sustaining Member
  • 1,012 posts
I found a pic of some Kastan bars in the research section, the knurling looks the same, but those have a Powerbend like the Powerlite bars. Mine are just straight. I think we might be on to something though.

kastanbars.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

hutch

-----
Uploaded by jimmymotocross
03 May 2010 - 04:02 AM
69 Views · 0 Comments

Pad Set

-----
Tangent Padwraps Tangent Padwraps nylon
Uploaded by keep_it_warm