Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who was the kid with the coolest bike in your neighborhood?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

abozny

abozny

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Hey abozny, sure that's not a microline Lou had?

Hi,
The 5" headtube is a dead giveaway. :-)

cward

cward

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
Thinking about it now, we had some pretty cool bikes in my town back in the day, so that would be tough. I thought my Thruster VP with Landing Gear was the coolest, but I remember when my friend David Ritchie bought a black Thruster Tri-Power with gold parts, and that was bad ass. Me, David and two other buddies started racing for a bike shop and had Jag Team 20's that we each tricked out, so those were probably the coolest at that point.

COASTY

COASTY

bronzed Aussie

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
All my buddies had cool bikes.
We had a GJS, Proline, Quicksilver Teams, and my PK and Supergoose.
We all worked for them though. Some of them are still around to this day. I still have to find another PK from my hometown.
Posted Image

nycet3

nycet3

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Hi,
The 5" headtube is a dead giveaway. :-)

that's what I get for looking on an iphone.

and what a nice proline it is.

moosegoose nick

moosegoose nick

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts
Growing up where I did in the San Fernando Valley,(Sylmar/San Fernando) it was was always a guy named Chris Herting. Chris worked for Jim Emerson of Pedalers West since he was in jr. high school. Jim always made sure that Chris got the newest of the new.I distinctively remember a yellow Redline Proline that Chris had back around 1976/1977. It was supposedly a PROTOTYPE frameset.It was longer than the normal Prolines which were sold by Redline around the same time frame.All the dimensions with the exception of the top tube and down tube were the same,both being stretched to accomodate Chris's 6'5 frame.If I remember right, the bars were also a taller set, around 9-10 inch rise on them.
Over the years, Chris had numerous KILLER bikes. Gary Littlejohns,Champions,Redlines and 1 specific Moosegoose that was built with a set of Champion Forks on it.I owned that Moose from around mid 81 til 83 when I sold it just before I went in the Air Force.

66alfa_gtv

66alfa_gtv

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
Rolly Leonard raced for PRE BMX in Issaquh. He was the first guy in our neighborhood to have a bike built for the track. A few years ago, I built this bike to replicate the one he rode:

Posted Image

Just..Me..Chillin'

Just..Me..Chillin'

Dean of Old School Science

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,406 posts
I'm not one to boast - there were allot of nice rides around my way ...... But that said - this is an exact part for part replica of what I owned in early 84 - so you can only imagine if I had this what else there was cruisin' our hood
Posted Image
We had turbos, tri powers, ghps , a hyper, hutches, Cooks, a gussested Robby etc .... There was allot of diversity in our little corner of the world.
Posted Image

I am the owl...

I am the owl...

Sinner

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,446 posts
Thats what I mean too. I was from a small town (less than 10 thousand people) and we had everything there. Mongoose Pro Class, Hutch of all types, Kuwies, DB's, Cooks, Redlines, GT's, Jags, Torkers, you name it. It was a wicked time to be alive.

Richard Vogt - bmxmountainbiker

Richard Vogt - bmxmountainbiker

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
Jay Smith's Yamaha Moto Bike was the coolest thing around until my Mongoose arrived in the summer of '76. :whistling:

Richard Vogt
bmxmountainbiker

loobosh

loobosh

• Users
  • 5 posts

What do you mean HAD I still have it will post pics in a few days, found this when I searched my name.

Dirty

Dirty

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Wow...cool old post.  I guess I must have missed it.

For me, it would be Jeff Cardas.  He was the first guy I knew to have a PK ripper.  That thing was awesome with the floval tubes and those huge Landing Gear forks.  It made me want one from day one.  I never got one until 2009...ha

loobosh

loobosh

• Users
  • 5 posts

What do you mean HAD I still have it will post pics in a few days, found this when I searched my name.

bike

PandaProAm420

PandaProAm420

BMX Addict (in recovery)

• Sustaining Member
  • 3,037 posts

so cool. glad you found the thread

loobosh

loobosh

• Users
  • 5 posts

so cool. glad you found the thread

Yes very cool hardly remember these pictures, 2marro will post better pictures.

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,149 posts

Mike Hardaway. First Webco, Peddlepower Torker etc.

But unlike a lot of kids with cool bikes, he could also ride.

Attached Thumbnails

• mike2.jpg
  • mike3.jpg
  • mike1.jpg

loobosh

loobosh

• Users
  • 5 posts

Mike Hardaway. First Webco, Peddlepower Torker etc.

But unlike a lot of kids with cool bikes, he could also ride.

I raced just not with a team think that is what he mean. Advanced trickery ask if I would join the team said no. Just sayin. Think the poster of this was named Allen.

FilleriMay

FilleriMay
  • Users
  • 2 posts

back when i was a wee lad i had a kid who rocked the gnarliest mongoose at the time. low key my hero

loobosh

loobosh

• Users
  • 5 posts
Well here are the pictures newer seat,pedals,tires, like I said googled myself found these pictures I never seen before thanks for the flash back.

DSCN0653
DSCN0654
DSCN0655
DSCN0656
DSCN0657
DSCN0659
DSCN0658
Capture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

VDC

-----