Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who has been on Ebay longest?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

keep_it_warm

keep_it_warm

Sweet Oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • 5005 posts
Just funning around here, this is not a dick-measuring contest.

I just realized that March 30th will be my 12 year anniversary. I used to have an Ebay ID before March, 1999 but when I got divorced, I opened a new account.

Anyone been on that piece of shit website longer than Mar. 30, 1999?

Larock

Larock

Forum god

• Site Patron
  • 3995 posts
March 5, 2002 for me. Ebay is how I met Snorton and how this whole crazy madness restarted for me! I always had old bmx bikes but ebay and the internet really changed shit for me! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:
Posted Image

RipVanWinkle

RipVanWinkle

Kook

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3552 posts
Where can you find your start date? I can't remember.

UPDATE: May 17th 1999

keep_it_warm

keep_it_warm

Sweet Oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • 5005 posts
click on your feedback number (logged-in or not)

Dirty

Dirty

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2400 posts
Apparently Mine is April 9, 1999

oldschoolbmx

oldschoolbmx

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
July 16th, 1999. Old School BMX is how I found eBay. When I was looking for that first Torker someone told me to look on eBay. I was like, "What's eBay?" It was fun in the beginning. Now it's just a monster.

1966bmx

1966bmx

Grumpy Old Fart

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2648 posts
i first joined ebay in spring 97 . but my first ebay account got hacked in 99 . and i started a new one in sept 1999 . been buying and selling the whole time . mostly vintage car parts and vintage hot rod magazines . i have really seen the car swap meets change since ebay took off . less good parts and less swap meet prices . but i still do well with it . and the thrill of the hunt is still there .
Posted Image

Monster-Robot

Monster-Robot

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 2262 posts
February 26, 2001.

I used to carry a list of about 100 records that were on my "to-find" list. I crossed the last one off within 9 months of having an eBay account. For me, it kind of took the fun out of collecting records. But that is when I started looking into vintage BMX stuff and I've never known collecting BMX without eBay around.
Posted Image

keep_it_warm

keep_it_warm

Sweet Oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • 5005 posts
yea...back in '99 and early on, I was buying mostly CD's and baseball cards.

My feedback is only 249 after 12 years...ha ha

wagonguy

wagonguy

Forum god

• Staff
  • 2508 posts
March 7, 1998. Guess I missed my anniversary.

Doug

keep_it_warm

keep_it_warm

Sweet Oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • 5005 posts
damn! tough to top that one!

Contender

Contender

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2202 posts
Feb 2000, probably checking on GI Joes (The big ones 60-70s).

I did sell some bass fishing lures on there.

Did not think about BMX till I happened to see by accident "Joe Kid on a Stingray" playing at Sportmart while killing time before tooth extraction.

It has been a fun ride back into bikes.

.02 A.G.

Now I am looking at early Broncos. :HitsFan:

Me back a few years with my halfcab at my Grandad's

Attached Files

66alfa_gtv

66alfa_gtv

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Ha!

TrulyOdd

TrulyOdd

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 5034 posts
2002 for me.

signed up to sell records.

1966bmx

1966bmx

Grumpy Old Fart

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2648 posts
what do i win ? still my spring of 97 is the earliest . but i bet somebody does beat me .
Posted Image

Smokin_Endo

Smokin_Endo

Don Juan Unitron

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts
August 7th 2004 is when I started the Smokin_Endo account and officially closed my Newguy1962 account. I tried to search for my old account but it's not showing up. I'm pretty sure it was 2000 or 01 but I was mainly looking for Japanese Lowrider Magazines and old airplane hydraulics...it wasn't until late 03 that I found old bmx. An old friend of mine saw an 86 pro performer F&F in my basement and commented on how all the parts to put it back together were on eBay

I think JMC has us all by about a year in fact I think Mark was on there before people used pictures in the auction description....like 97 or 98 ?

chromey

chromey

ministry of aesthetics

• Staff
  • 3793 posts
I had one before in 1999 (I don't even remember my original username),
but I started my current one
June 01 2000

I had one before - late 1999, but being inexperienced to auction sites — When I switched my email address from crappy AOL dialup to my own site's email, I lost track of my info And there went my ebay ID.

Started my current account in 2000 to buy some punk rock records, 70s/80s transforming robot toys, and some 87 Haro Master decals.

blikum

blikum

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
Apr-15-99

wagonguy

wagonguy

Forum god

• Staff
  • 2508 posts

August 7th 2004 is when I started the Smokin_Endo account and officially closed my Newguy1962 account. I tried to search for my old account but it's not showing up. I'm pretty sure it was 2000 or 01 but I was mainly looking for Japanese Lowrider Magazines and old airplane hydraulics...it wasn't until late 03 that I found old bmx. An old friend of mine saw an 86 pro performer F&F in my basement and commented on how all the parts to put it back together were on eBay

I think JMC has us all by about a year in fact I think Mark was on there before people used pictures in the auction description....like 97 or 98 ?

I remember the newguy1962 account. That's how I met you. I was trying to win an MCS Magnum you had on there.

Doug

DAN

DAN

• Sustaining Member
  • 1444 posts
12-24-98 for me is what it says at Ebay. Seems a weird time to sign up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BMXsociety Show The Bicycle Source Fireman's Bikes Rick's Bike Shop Bike_of_the_year