Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The 4130 "Subway Series" Ride Hollywood to Downtown LA!! LOOK!!

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Welcome fellow BMX Societiers to the Official 4130 "Subway Series" Thread!!
All you NEED to know about the LARGEST BMX group rides in the Country, The Subway Series, will be easy to find Right here!!
Brought to you by: The 4130 BMX Club

Attached Thumbnails

• 4130 OG.jpg

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Group shots from the 1st Three "Subway Series" Rides!!

1st S.S.R. 60 Deep!! All BMX'rs
Posted Image

2nd S.S.R. 90 Deep!!
Posted Image

3rd S.S.R. 90+ Deep!!
Posted Image

See You Chromies at the Next Subway Series Ride!!

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Videos from the last Three S.S.R.!!
Brought to you by; 4130 Films

January's Ride!!

February's Ride!!

March's Ride!!

Hope You Chromies Enjoy!!

Attached Thumbnails

• TheOG4130Chromolykingslogo2.jpg

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
More videos!!

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
metro redline info!!

bike on the subway

http://www.metro.net...es/bikes-metro/

FREE PARKING!!

Universal City
Lankershim Bl/Universal Terrace Pkwy, North Hollywood 91608
Free On-site Parking – 779 Spaces
Paid Reserved On-site Parking – 125 Spaces
16 Bike Rack Spaces
30 Bike Lockers
Kiss & Ride Drop-Off

North Hollywood
Lankershim Bl/Chandler Bl, North Hollywood 91601
Free On-site Parking – 803 Spaces
Paid Reserved On-site Parking – 298 Spaces
95 Bike Rack Spaces
44 Bike Lockers

Pay Parking!! Park at a lot Open till 3am.!!

http://www.kodakthea...com/parking.htm

Edited by the Mayor of Hollywood, 05 April 2010 - 05:08 PM.

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Subway Series Tips!!

1. tune and test your bike before the ride!!

2. use thorn proof tubes to avoid flats!!

3. arrive early!! since the meeting spot is in hollywood, traffic can always be a problem. avoid the rush and arrive early. there's tons to do.. grab a bite or a drink, check the crazy stores, watch the freaks, meet chicks, Just please don't be late!! i caught a ton of slack at the last ride for waiting on riders.

4. bring lights for your bike, if you have them.

5. bring a bike lock, you never know if you'll want to stop in somewhere.

6. WATCH FOR CARS AND BE SAFE ON THE RIDE!! we dont want to see anyone hurt...

7. bring some money for the subway. $1.25 per ride.

8. bring all your chromies!! this ride is better the bigger it gets!! by summertime we're hoping for 150-200+ bmx'rs. so spread the word!!

9. last but not least.. HAVE FUN!! these rides are our "time to shine" so come out and enjoy!! plus, the dudes in this hobby are the coolest!!

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Official 4130 Subway Series RIDE Hollywood to Downtown LA. April 10th!!
HERE, YEE!! HERE, YEE!!

COME ONE, COME ALL!!

To All You So. Cal BMX Societiers!!

We hope you can join us for our 4th Lengendary "Street Ride" from HOLLYWOOD to DOWNTOWN L.A.!! If you missed the last ride, we were 90+ strong!! All BMXers mane!! Check the reviews!!

"Awesome ride, again man it's great to get out in the city and ride with a hundred other BMX crazies...To the 4130 Subway Series crew, you rock and we'll catch ya on the next ride..."-Hillage!!

"That night was bitchen.Met some cool heads and there was a ton a crazy rad bikes! But at the end of the night ,where was I at?Standing on Hollywood Blvs,eatin pizza at midnite with MR.GREG HILL!!!!Man not in a thousand years could I think something like that would ever happen."-LIVE TO RIDE

"Didnt know LA did it like that! must come out to more rides around here.
90+ headcount. crazyness."-Rainer(From San Deigo)

"The whole experience was awesome!"-acuzerfdw

"Damn, that was one fun azz ride! I can't believe you gathered all those BMX riders together like that. It was like the BMX version of Critical Mass...nothin' but BMX bikes!"-reservoir.grizzly (from San Diego Mane!!)

"It was sick taking over the streets all deep like that... "-WhiteBear78

"too bad the video and pics don't show us rollin' 60 deep like a swarm of hornets through downtown flying though red light intersections at will. that was insane!"-sourrox

The route goes as follows THERE'S BEEN CHANGES; First we meet at the Hollywood/Highland Subway Station at 7:00pm on Sat. April 10th 2010. We "Roll Out" at 7:30!! BE ON TIME!! Then we bunny hop and wheelie our way down to Wilshire Blvd. and stop at CVS for some diet cokes and energy bars. We'll be there for 15min. Then we "freewheel" over to the Macarther Park Skate/Bike Spot for a quick meditive breathing break, while the upbeat dudes do tricks!! We'll be there for 25min. After we work our way to a Spot on Bixel and 4th to regroup for the hill mane!! Then it's to 4th street, that's right chromies, 4th street where we hit a sweet, long down hill, winding over the 110 freeway and into the heart of downtown!! It's a total rush mane!! Trust me!! We'll cruise Downtown for a bit before we wheelie over to The Calibi Truck for a late snack before calling it a night!! It's awesome Mexican/Korean fusion!! I SWEAR!!This ride will be MEDIUM paced and at night. So no "slow pokes" Tune and test your bike and bring your lights, tools, bike locks, ect. No rider will be left behind!! HIJACKER'S WILL BE DELT WITH POST 911 STYLE MANE!! This ride is for the extremely "Cool" and "Fly" Only!! No Drama!! And Absolutley NO SPANDEX!! There's plenty of rides for the "spandex guy"!! Just cool dudes, in a cool city, on some cool bikes!! So we hope to see all the usual suspects there, Boog Knight, The Kernal, Weas, Sweets, Shags, Da G RYD, Greg Hill, Relic, LIVE TO RIDE, Sourrox, The Masked Crusaders, Todd Lyons, Canoe, Kristeven, JasonGT, joefromlynwood, eastlosbiker, no100sy, Frank250, ect!! So polish up the chrome and we'll see you there!!

peep the videos from the last ride!! IT"S OUR NIGHT TO SHINE!!

Love, Peace and Chain Grease!!

The 4130 BMX Club!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 4130 OG.jpg

Edited by the Mayor of Hollywood, 05 April 2010 - 05:08 PM.

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
hey chromies!! thought you dudes should know this months Subway Series ride is looking to be a classic!! let's just say a few BMX Old School Pro's MAY be in attendence!! One for Sure!! if you've been waiting at the starting gates and haven't road yet, nows the time!! plus we NEED you!! we're shooting for 100+ dudes all on BMX's!! plus the route is awesome!! trust me!! so let me know if you have any questions!! and we'll see you there!!

Attached Thumbnails

• TheOG4130Chromolykingslogo2.jpg

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
yo chromies!! even the Hollywood Street King is Hip to the 4130!! peep the NEW write-up after the jump!!

http://diaryofaholly...ome/#more-24762

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
attention all "Subway Series" riders!! we will be stopping at the Calbi Truck in downtown for some grub!! it's korean/mexican fusion and it's super good!! trust me!! peep the link of the menu and info.

http://calbi.com/

SEE YOU CHROMIES SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
just to let you Societiers know if you're on the fence about coming out... THERE WILL BE ACOUPLE TO A FEW OLD SCHOOL LEGENDS/PRO'S AT THIS RIDE!! TRUST ME!! I SWEAR!! some dudes that shouls be there...

GREG HILL

TODD LYONS

TOBY HENDERSEN

ERIC and ROBBIE RUPE

and someone GREG refered to as "Harry" who might make it among others!!!

and we need YOU!! we're trying to break 100+ riders... BMX ONLY!! NO FIXIES... NO SPANDEX!!!

SEE YOU CHROMIES THERE!!!

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Official 4130 Subway Series RIDE Hollywood to Downtown LA. April 10th!!
HERE, YEE!! HERE, YEE!!

COME ONE, COME ALL!!

To All You So. Cal BMX Societiers!!

We hope you can join us for our 4th Lengendary "Street Ride" from HOLLYWOOD to DOWNTOWN L.A.!! If you missed the last ride, we were 90+ strong!! All BMXers mane!! Check the reviews!!

"Awesome ride, again man it's great to get out in the city and ride with a hundred other BMX crazies...To the 4130 Subway Series crew, you rock and we'll catch ya on the next ride..."-Hillage!!

"That night was bitchen.Met some cool heads and there was a ton a crazy rad bikes! But at the end of the night ,where was I at?Standing on Hollywood Blvs,eatin pizza at midnite with MR.GREG HILL!!!!Man not in a thousand years could I think something like that would ever happen."-LIVE TO RIDE

"Didnt know LA did it like that! must come out to more rides around here.
90+ headcount. crazyness."-Rainer(From San Deigo)

"The whole experience was awesome!"-acuzerfdw

"Damn, that was one fun azz ride! I can't believe you gathered all those BMX riders together like that. It was like the BMX version of Critical Mass...nothin' but BMX bikes!"-reservoir.grizzly (from San Diego Mane!!)

"It was sick taking over the streets all deep like that... "-WhiteBear78

"too bad the video and pics don't show us rollin' 60 deep like a swarm of hornets through downtown flying though red light intersections at will. that was insane!"-sourrox

The route goes as follows THERE'S BEEN CHANGES; First we meet at the Hollywood/Highland Subway Station at 7:00pm on Sat. April 10th 2010. We "Roll Out" at 7:30!! BE ON TIME!! Then we bunny hop and wheelie our way down to Wilshire Blvd. and stop at CVS for some diet cokes and energy bars. We'll be there for 15min. Then we "freewheel" over to the Macarther Park Skate/Bike Spot for a quick meditive breathing break, while the upbeat dudes do tricks!! We'll be there for 25min. After we work our way to a Spot on Bixel and 4th to regroup for the hill mane!! Then it's to 4th street, that's right chromies, 4th street where we hit a sweet, long down hill, winding over the 110 freeway and into the heart of downtown!! It's a total rush mane!! Trust me!! We'll cruise Downtown for a bit before we wheelie over to The Calibi Truck for a late snack before calling it a night!! It's awesome Mexican/Korean fusion!! I SWEAR!!This ride will be MEDIUM paced and at night. So no "slow pokes" Tune and test your bike and bring your lights, tools, bike locks, ect. No rider will be left behind!! HIJACKER'S WILL BE DELT WITH POST 911 STYLE MANE!! This ride is for the extremely "Cool" and "Fly" Only!! No Drama!! And Absolutley NO SPANDEX!! There's plenty of rides for the "spandex guy"!! Just cool dudes, in a cool city, on some cool bikes!! So we hope to see all the usual suspects there, Boog Knight, The Kernal, Weas, Sweets, Shags, Da G RYD, Greg Hill, Relic, LIVE TO RIDE, Sourrox, The Masked Crusaders, Todd Lyons, Canoe, Kristeven, JasonGT, joefromlynwood, eastlosbiker, no100sy, Frank250, ect!! So polish up the chrome and we'll see you there!!

peep the videos from the last ride!! IT"S OUR NIGHT TO SHINE!!

Love, Peace and Chain Grease!!

The 4130 BMX Club!!

Its Going Down Tonight!!

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
On Your Marks!! Get Set!! :Liv2ride:

Attached Thumbnails

• 4130 OG.jpg

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
WOW CHROMIES!! not in a million years did i ever think.... 145+ dudes rockin' supa dope BMX's through the street of Los Angeles!! we had everything from bonafied Legends to dudes just having a good time ridin'!! the guys that frequent this ride are top notch folks and i look forward to catchin' up with you dudes each month!!

we had acouple dudes go down in "Subway Series" history tonight!! Todd Lyons was bustin' mad wheelies on his $100 wrap OM flyer rockin' the $100 wrap "Pimp Jacket"!! and the mowhawk too!! also Johnny "True Torch" Severin who was rollin' the Basset Cruiser with the basket on the back... and if that wasn't enough, dude was passin out beers and chips at Macarther Park!!

we also had some straight legends riding with us tonight. first and foremost is Greg Hill!! a Subway Series Veteran and 4130 Club Chromey who always has everyone around smiling and laughing. Donnie Atherton another return rider equally as cool. and also on this ride was Stompin Stu thompson riding a sweet redline, robbie rupe among others!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR COMING OUT!!

well, that was one hell of a ride!! the 100 mark was shattered and the show at the gas station on bixel was out of control... 180's over 26' bikes, bunny hops over 4ft walls and all!!

The 4130 BMX Club wants to THANK EVERYONE who came out!! This ride is nothing without you guys!! SEE YOU GUYS NEXT MONTH!!

peace and chain grease!!
The 4130 BMX Club!!

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

spike

spike

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
I had a good time though I thought there was a bit too much stopping/hanging out for my liking. I definitely have to change my gearing, 46-18 just don't cut it.

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

I had a good time though I thought there was a bit too much stopping/hanging out for my liking. I definitely have to change my gearing, 46-18 just don't cut it.

yeah between break downs and breaks to hang it gets abit much. there will be a better protocol for break downs next ride... thanks for coming SPIKE!!! and 46-16 works good for me...

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
hello there fellow societiers!! i have some incredible news for you guys!! Greg Hill has decided to give one of his Brand Spankin' New Retro GHP "Limited Edition" 20" frame and forks to a LUCKY rider at the next "Subway Series" Ride!! have to be there to win!! more info to come... STAY TUNED!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 4130 OG.jpg

sexnbmx

sexnbmx

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
That was F-ing INCREDIBLE.........Close to 150 guys and girls too on BMX....... it was SIK!!! for those of you CRAZY ASS NUTS that are doing something more important like "Doing Laundry" or "I HAVE PLANS"..............Get with it.....your only 40 for so long..... :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

Mr. Mayor......Scot here from San Diego with the Race Inc. 24......Where are the majority of the pix?

Once again......SIK SIK SIK....... :ThumbsUp:

the Mayor of Hollywood

the Mayor of Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Yo Scot!! what up bro?!! sorry i should of posted more of my shots here especially since i dig this new site, but this thread feels alittle lonely sometimes. here are some more pics!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BMXsociety Show The Bicycle Source Fireman's Bikes Rick's Bike Shop Bike_of_the_year