Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

GHP info (company)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

AndyDiamond

AndyDiamond

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts
good spotting Matt - I never noticed that before - I'll have to have a look at mine.

Do yours all have red foam?

Mattdub

Mattdub

• Sustaining Member
  • 651 posts

good spotting Matt - I never noticed that before - I'll have to have a look at mine.

Do yours all have red foam?

Yep , all red :wink:

subwax

subwax

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
Sourced from a seller in Germany, I'll wager.

Mattdub

Mattdub

• Sustaining Member
  • 651 posts

Sourced from a seller in Germany, I'll wager.

The unused mixed set , yes .

subwax

subwax

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
Now how does a guy in Germany have such a big stock of GHP pads?

Mattdub

Mattdub

• Sustaining Member
  • 651 posts

Now how does a guy in Germany have such a big stock of GHP pads?

lol ......... something I've asked myself before too ! .

newmidmike

newmidmike

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
Will you monkeys stop talking about GHP? I'm trying to buy one and don't need the added awareness....lol.
I'm kidding of course......great thread.

NM Mike

you-loze

you-loze

• Users
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
The 'other' GHP race team :)
Posted Image

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,151 posts

From GH post on page 1 back in Dec 2008. It just makes the 90's frames more confusing because it is fact that Greg had Elf make 100 frames and the seat stay to seat tube junction was wrong and Greg took the 100 frames and didnt order more from Elf, but says nothing about having more frames made than those 100. The Elf frames were serialed on the RIGHT rear dropout (outside) and were GHP1000-GHP1100. Then there were frames that were spot on to the 83-85 frames but the serial number was on the INSIDE of the left dropout and had the same font decal as the 91 Elf made frames but in white or red color (and some Rasta still). This interview mentions NOTHING of the 92 frames but they are clearly different than the Elf made frames.  Pics below again for reference.

QUOTE FROM GREG:

"OK here is my best shot at the history of GHP:

July 1983 my Father and I decided to change Star Products BMX into GHP BMX and made our debut at the 1983 NBL Grand Nationals..We operated GHP until early 1986, hard times with our vendor VDC, basically Voris sold his manufacturing business and the new owner did not have clue one as to building bikes, parts just did a terrible job. We could not accept product that had been ordered and was completely wrong..It was just junk..During the middle of GHP 83-86 we entered into an agreement with West Coast Cycles (Cycle Pro) to license the name Greg Hill and GHP BMX to distribute our products. The demand that created along with not being able to get product put GHP about $200,000.00 into back orders which ultimately made us pull the plug. I then signed with Red Line as they were headed out of business (I had no idea) Linn Kasten owed Sugino a huge amount of money, he could not pay and stopped doing business until SBS stepped in and purchased the name...Good call SBS..Time went on, in 1991 I had Ken from Elf make me 100 frames and forks..I paid him 100% of the money up front and 2 months later went to pick up my product, he made the seat stays wrond, and he said we ran out of tubing for your forks so here are 100 pair of Elf forks..I was dumbfounded..OK so now we know why Elf went under...I sold the 100 frames and called it a day..In 2005 I had been getting e mail messages from a lot of people over the course of 2 years and decided to make 50 cromoly 20" and 50 cromoly 24" frames with todays spec and yesterdays stickers..I did this with my buddy Alan Worley out of Jackson Tenn...We sold out in a short period of time...I let some time go by and decided to pick up the GHP name for good and do something with it..I was working for Mike Flaherty at Atomlab and he allowed me to do a run of GHP frames, they sold within 4 weeks and I said " Mike, I'm going to go out on my own, is that cool" Mike said go for it..I approached my first partner Rick in March of 2007 and we became partners..About 5 months later we approached my buddy Trevor Reynolds and he became the 3rd partner for GHP. We rolled along doing real good and in January of 2008 I brought my friend Eduardo into GHP as it's 4th partner..It's R&G Direct Marketing LLC..DBA GHP BMX our goal is to become a full blown bicycle company by January 2011 and were on our way.."

The frame and fork used in the Dec 1992 BMX Plus is clearly NOT an Elf made frame and fork. I've attached pics of my 91 Elf made frame and fork GHP1021 and pics of my 92 GHP frame and fork 0692242. Who made the frames after the 100 Elf frames?? They clearly exist but are not mentioned AT ALL by Greg anywhere I can find.

91 and 92 frames

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181220_130151.jpg
  • 20181220_130141.jpg
  • 20181220_130110.jpg
  • 20181220_130115.jpg
  • 20181220_130124.jpg
  • 20181215_194701.jpg
  • 20181215_194714.jpg
  • 20181215_194728.jpg

Posted Image

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,151 posts
77B2EBC4-67AE-4E96-AF2A-6B8BE80FFC4E.jpeg 20181214_094635.jpg
Posted Image

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,151 posts

I give up on sideways pics. :Frustration:

Posted Image

mcam

mcam

Done building, Just Observing :)

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Did you try contacting Greg Hill to shed some light on them?

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,151 posts
No. I dont have a way to get ahold of him. I dont do facebook.
Posted Image

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,740 posts
Test

Attached Thumbnails

• 4969D133-5C25-40B3-B408-E190FB2B35FC.jpeg

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,740 posts

that was a test... I saved your image on my phone, opened it up in photos, chose edit, spun it, saved it.  It works.

Also... you have done entire posts with all correct photo orientation...  I doubt it's just random coincidence. 

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,151 posts
I did exactly what you did and it was 1/2 and 1/2 when I posted.The problem is when I save them to the pc, that method doesnt work.

Know how to get ahold of Greg?
Posted Image

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,740 posts

I did exactly what you did and it was 1/2 and 1/2 when I posted.The problem is when I save them to the pc, that method doesnt work.

Know how to get ahold of Greg?

Maybe through his coaching site?  I think it is called Speed Seminars. 

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

• Admin
  • 18,740 posts

hmm... maybe he doesn't have any on line presence other than Facebook and Instagram?  I don't seem to see a website. 

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,151 posts
Ya I couldnt find anything and dont have fb or instagram.
Posted Image

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 6,151 posts

I guess this will have to remain a mystery as it has been brought to my attention that Greg is very adamant about no longer discussing the past. Fair enough......

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Haro

-----
Uploaded by 88HaroDude
30 December 2011 - 01:17 AM
770 Views · 0 Comments

Sprocket / Chainwheel

-----
Tech USA picture disc (tach)
Uploaded by SHADESSEAN