Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

any cyc bikes around lately?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

paulatgis

paulatgis

• Users
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
just wondering if anyone has come across any cyc stormer bikes (other than the heavy mild steel one) I might break out my collection of cyc's for a few photographs. I'm not sure if the wood bleach is going to take off all the stickers. cyc sticker appear to be hard to come by. my collection consists of the ames, panther, double top tube stormer jr, and of course the stormer.

Monster-Robot

Monster-Robot

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 2285 posts
Post 'em up!!!

A few Stormers show up here and there but not that often...
Posted Image

G-flash

G-flash

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
Post the pics already! :Frustration:

skinnygmg

skinnygmg

• Sustaining Member
  • 117 posts
oxalic acid won't harm vinyl decals. post those pics

dunphy1

dunphy1

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
4 tubes crmo. found nos at a shop in the orange county area 7 years ago:

Posted Image

Monster-Robot

Monster-Robot

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 2285 posts
Here's one that I picked up about a year ago. I bought it for the parts and have stripped it. The frame will likely go to eBay when I get the time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

billn

billn

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
Stormer anyone?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Monster-Robot

Monster-Robot

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 2285 posts

Stormer anyone?

That is such a sweet build!

Good to see you around Bill!
Posted Image

paulatgis

paulatgis

• Users
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
my daughter's ames daily rider. I stumbled on that cyc site with pictures of the stickers, so im no longer concerned about wood bleach. hopefully ill pull out my four cyc's and bleach them nice and shiney then put them together for a photo shot. im not sure i can print on transparent stickers, so might just print the cyc stickers on white. isn't the ames down tube too skinny for standard stickers? ill find out.
Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• cycamesride.jpg

Monster-Robot

Monster-Robot

Forum god

• Sustaining Member
  • 2285 posts
^^^^^^^^^^ Brad A.....where are you? The Ames you've been looking for is here.....^^^^^^^^^^

I have this '76. It's still quite a way down the queue so it won't see the light of day for a while yet. The color is much more green than the photo shows. Definitely an unusual shade of blue-green that appears to be the original color.

Posted Image
Posted Image

paulatgis

paulatgis

• Users
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
my four cyc stormers all in one picture. cleaning out garage so needed to complete the stormer mx (aren't they all named that?) to toss out all remaining bike parts. ames, jr stormer with double top tube, stormer mx comp or whatever it was called, and of course the old heavy mild steel stormer mx.

Attached Thumbnails

• four_cyc_stormers.JPG
  • ames_stormer.JPG
  • stormer_mx_with_chromemoly_tubes.JPG
  • stormer__jr__with_dual_top_tube.JPG
  • mild_steel_stormer_mx.JPG

Guyster

Guyster

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

paulatgis

paulatgis

• Users
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
nice orange mags. I have a pair of grey steel ones that came with one of the frames. I almost threw them out, but held on to them - wish they were free wheel though.

1966bmx

1966bmx

Grumpy Old Fart

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2648 posts

nice orange mags. I have a pair of grey steel ones that came with one of the frames. I almost threw them out, but held on to them - wish they were free wheel though.

;

if you wanna sell them . lemme know . i want some for my cyc stormer . i love the coaster brake .
Posted Image

PlanetX

PlanetX

Forum god

• Supporting Member
  • 3136 posts
Sweet Ames. I'm always looking for one. Wish I could have picked up the one at Peck last summer. I've always thought they look cool

I've never sen the double-top tube CYC. Is it the same as/similar to the R&R?

Nice collection.

Research.Contributor.Signature.png

Shiznit4416

Shiznit4416

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

;

if you wanna sell them . lemme know . i want some for my cyc stormer . i love the coaster brake .

Why don't you post a pic of yours Donnie?? Don't be escared. :Loser:

canogapark

canogapark

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
saved from a junk truck in culver city a few years ago, built up with budget parts, given to lexi. (Im looking for some cheap blue tuffs for this with a coaster, she wants some color after seeing a super bright road bike, ha)

Attached Thumbnails

• cyclexi2.JPG

paulatgis

paulatgis

• Users
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
yeah, i'm convinced its a rebranded RandR. I need to clean up the frame with wood bleach, then give it a good wax. the Rand R was reviewed in BMXA 76 but I can't put a date on the CYC version I have. There's an image from CYC somewhere like the one in this post calling it a stormer Jr. I finally got copies of BMXA bike reviews for three of the four bikes. I dont remember the Ames ever being reviewed in the magazines, but if so it would be nice to have a copy.

Now that winter is here, I can put some rides on the bikes with the kids. I need to spoke up a set of red rims and hubs I have to put on one of them.

Maybe I'll keep an eye out for earlier single gusset CYC frames for my collection next.

Anyone see any CYC on ebay or other locations for sale? How about replacement frame stickers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bike_of_the_year Rick's Bike Shop BMXsociety Show