Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The SE Mid-school Thread

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

scottfisher

scottfisher

• Users
  • 5 posts

Thank you. I got these back in 97-98 because they were different than the normal ones as I like to be different then the normal.

scottfisher

scottfisher

• Users
  • 5 posts

Does anybody happen to know if and when the 85 pk rippers were purple and anodized.

Attached Thumbnails

• 008.JPG
  • 012.JPG

Edited by scottfisher, 11 July 2014 - 12:33 PM.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,242 posts

I've never heard of an 85 with that finish... but it does look pretty close to the finish on Sean's 97 alloy quad 24" proto

Attached Thumbnails

• post-178-1201631358.jpg

Spur

Spur

Forum Grouch

• Site Patron
  • 8,167 posts

Anodize doesn't chip.  Looks painted from this monitor.  That would be cool if that was an OG color.

oldschoolbmx

oldschoolbmx

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

This is my 1996-ish Floval. I built this up when I wanted a bike to ride back in the late '90s. I didn't like mountain bikes and I didn't want a 20-inch. I almost got a boring black and chrome stock GT 24, but I ordered this frame and fork from SE direct and built it up with parts I found at various bike shops. This was before I got into collecting--I didn't know people did that!

The mix of years on the parts is because I was trying to build an '80s style bike with some color in it! All parts are NOS like the 7C hoops I got from a closing Schwinn store off the 55 freeway and the Suzue hubs I found at a bike shop right by my condo in Corona. DK stem, Tioga Comp III tires, GT cruiser bars (swapped for the tall GT Pro bars) DK seat came form Dan's Comp. I found the single pinch Redline flight cranks at a BS in Riverside near the old Sears.

7518_1277878586265_2436176_n.jpg

scottfisher

scottfisher

• Users
  • 5 posts

Thank you Spur. I didn't think it was anodized either but the purple is throwing me off though. Upon me looking in the headtube and bottom bracket it is paint. I'm looking for 2 sets of 85-97 pk ripper decals if anybody has or knows where I can get them would be greatly appreciated.

S.Brothers

S.Brothers

nil illegitimi carborundum

• Admin
  • 18,242 posts

99 the last year for USA made SE Racing Quadangles

just adding because it's relevant to the thread

Attached Thumbnails

• Quadangle_1999_Sbros.jpg

TrulyOdd

TrulyOdd

Forum god

• Admin
  • 6,412 posts

SE Racing t-shirt for the 1993 Spring Tour.

SE_93 tour.jpeg

se_93 tour back.jpeg

Brian Hays

Brian Hays

Forum God

• Sustaining Member
  • 5,721 posts

badass!!! ^^^

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Redline