Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yamaha Motobike forks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Archinto

Archinto

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
The subtitle says it all. I need to fill my yamaha motobike forks cause they have no spring left to them. There is a spring in one side, and the other fork tube is empty. Should there be springs on both sides? I know to fill the forks from the bolt in the top. ATF is what I am using, is there someting better?

I am thinking that the one who could answer this is Sodbuster..... Hes the yamaha motobike Man!

SHADESSEAN

SHADESSEAN

© shadessean

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts
ATF is good (its around 7-1/2 weight oil)
your oil level ? when the fork is bottomed out, you don't too much oil. you can't compress it. so slightly below the top cap fully compressed

Archinto

Archinto

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
Ok, I will give that a shot, I hope it works! :)

sodbuster

sodbuster

Reclusive curmudgeon

• Site Patron
  • 3,200 posts
I picked up a bottle of fork oil at my local motorcycle shop. According to the Moto-bike service manual the right side (spring side) takes 116cc and the left side takes 130cc. you may need a graduated container for this. The bottle of fork oil i bought had a clear graduated indicator strip in the side of the bottle. (Handy) And yes only having one spring is normal. This is the stock set up. a popular race mod back in the day was to add a second spring to the other side to stiffen up the fork.

This helpful hint brought to you by Sodbuster Labs. At Sodbuster Labs we are working harder to get you into more trouble. :lol:

Research.Contributor.Signature.png
MOTOLOGO.Signature.gif

SHADESSEAN

SHADESSEAN

© shadessean

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts
Does Sodbuster Labs, have a factory owners manual ?

Archinto

Archinto

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
oo, now thats the detailed answer I was looking for Sod! Thanks a Ton! I'm gonna put these forks on a custom schwinn stingray project. Its gonna be motorized! I'll call it the Sting-Whizz and it will be more of a cruiser than a stingray. These forks will be perfect for it. I'll get some fork oil from the local harley shop and let you know how it turns out!

sodbuster

sodbuster

Reclusive curmudgeon

• Site Patron
  • 3,200 posts

Does Sodbuster Labs, have a factory owners manual ?

I not only have the service manual and the owners manual but also the parts manual. :biggrin:

Research.Contributor.Signature.png
MOTOLOGO.Signature.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cook Bros. Racing

-----
Uploaded by Larock
12 April 2010 - 05:53 PM
719 Views · 0 Comments

Other

-----
Cook Bros Racing Gear Bags