Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nastiest Wreck Stories

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

STR-1

STR-1

Go Put Some Miles On That Will Ya...

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts
I was talking with one of my brothers the other day and he was asking me what I thought my worst accident was that was bike related. I told him that probably when I was slapped to the ground up at Mathew Winters (Red Rocks) and had my four front teeth removed instantly was probably pretty high on the list. I have plenty of battle scars but that was a good one.

How about anyone else?

If you are old like me can you remember the whatever/whenever that hurts you now?

Attached Thumbnails

• adamsgjs__2_.jpg

Spur

Spur

Forum Grouch

• Site Patron
  • 8,170 posts
Yes, I have two:

First, in my 'hood they were buildin an addition to the cop shop that was adjacent to a park. Killer mounds of dirt to jump. Long story short, slipped a pedal caught my throat on my CW bars and thought I was gonna die, thank goodness for the extra frame pad I had installed on the bar or it could have been worse. After I recovered went to the shop and got me some forklifter bars....I HATE C-DUB bars to this day as result.
2nd injury was learning Miami hoppers, simply just slid down the bars and broke my wrist, made for a crappy summer break as I did a week into vacation.

STR-1

STR-1

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts
Ouch. See that is what I am talking about right there. You know I was grabbing my throat after reading that. GULP !!!

I slipped a pedal really bad on my old Hutch with the Suntour XC pedals. We were bunny hopping trash cans so we were getting a little air. I slipped my right pedal right as a I cleared the can. That crank arm slammed me in the shin like a mother. You can actually feel it all the way down still. Right to the bone. From my knee to the top of my foot. Man that was a nasty one.

cruiserking

cruiserking

• Suspended
  • 1,520 posts
launching off ramp slipped a hutch pedal i have the scars to proove it. shin bone

slipped a hutch pedal bunny hopping on to bus stop benches 22 spikes on a hutch pedal stuck 11 into the back of my legg.

slipped a pedal on a landing spun crank around full impact of hutch pedal. folded back rim like a taco bell taco. tore ac cartrage in my knee. oh on a sunday night while having to work the next day. 9 months rehab.

oh there's plenty more. ridding wheelies across the parking lot served, to miss the planter box. but took out the car instead. fender dented windshield broken. broken fingers hole from the bumber bolt in my legg road rash. broke the forks and front rim. well that's enough ' :NoBS:

ELCID

ELCID

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Slipped a pedal with sr mtp's two cuts to the shin big piece of skin hanging had to pull little pieces of bone chips out of the wound cleaned up with water and paper towels and kept riding later at home had to use scisors to cut the hunk of skin and meat off. if I even bump it today it swells and scabs up and this happened in 1988

Same shin 8 months later slipped a beartrap I though no more dull pedals now I have a tiger striped shin and went almost to the bone just above ankle a couple inches below the first (above) wound and stripes stopped at my knee where it dug in real good.This happened on the way to a job interview at world cycle for a bike mechanic job.

1987 doing a stand up wheelie for a long way I looped out right leg came off first touched ground I came down on it leg below knee folded to the out side I layed in the road screaming as I popped it back in place then the sweat and tears started to roll.I got on my bike road home layed down and went to sleep,got up and I could hardly move my leg so I went out to ride my bike to try to loosen it up it worked a little went home later that night went to bed got up the next morning knee was bigger than my thigh my Mom made me got to the emergency room got x rays anti inflamitory drugs supposed to follow up with a doctor but didnt.1994 knee surgery on said knee.Now it pops in and out of place and sounds like gravel in it.

I have had more injuries but those stick out the most!

SEADOOIT

SEADOOIT

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts
1984....ramps a plenty in my area....6 ft quater pipe in a circle street...everyone hung out there after school.girls were sitting on the platform....seadooit was going to throw a fat look back for the camara.....caught the coping on the way back in....faceplant on the curb split my chin wide open and i bit through my lip.11 chin stiches and a few butterflys to close the teeth wounds in my lip.....not a freestyler...learned my lesson that day.......

pjcruiser

pjcruiser

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
man, this topic is making me hurt!

broke a pedal coming down from a quarter pipe air. scraped the sack on the back of the scraped up plastic seat, and couldn't walk (or talk) right for a couple weeks.

sk8bones

sk8bones

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
Tried to clear a reverse step jump and endoed on the way in. Flipped over the bars and slid a ways. Broke my collar bone. Didn't really hurt too bad, but I sat there in a chair with an armrest and every time I tried to get up I could feel something moving. I had to convince my family I needed to go to the hospital. They thought there should be more blood and gore if I was really hurt.

66herbie

66herbie

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
I here you Pat, I lost my front top four teeth due to a chain braking in the starting gate trying to get the hole shot. I ended up smashing my face directly into the ground on the starting hill, I was wearing my Jofa mouth guard and it shattered into a million pieces. I always bought the best chain money could buy from that day on. Second worst was slipping a pedal with a brand new set of URCHIN pedal cages, they ripped right through my leathers and took out two very deep gouges into my leg leaving the skin and the fabric from my calf on the pedal. I wore a pair of soccer shin guards backwards after that day whenever I raced or practiced on the track with those pedals on. I still have the 2 scars to prove it too.

1travishamockery

1travishamockery

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
To make a long story short, the chain broke and I was at the Hospital w/ 3 teeth hanging from my braces... It was a good day...

willinois

willinois

Forum god

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
I don't wreck! LOL

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,211 posts

If you are old like me can you remember the whatever/whenever that hurts you now?

Yah, Pam Coble. July 17 1977 Rancho San Diego. She ripped my heart out and fed it to the ants. It still hurts

PS. Pat my friend. You couldn't afford a visor back then. Ya look like a bowling ball

K Robison

K Robison
  • Users
  • 3 posts
OK, you guys asked for it:

1. Rope lining a track. Didn't see it and ran into it throat first. Looked like I had been hanged!

2. Right before high school graduation. Borrowed a friend's cruiser and overcooked teh first berm. Shot right over, fell 15 feet. Was going to land on my feet on the striaght behind the berm when a little kid rode by and clipped my feet. Landed on my left wrist. Severe break that had me in a cast 12 weeks and rehab for a year.

3. The worst: For once beating the local stud in a moto. Head into the last turn, he makes a desperate move and we crash. I get up and the back of my leathers are shredded. He had a "whale tail" chain tensioner on his back wheel. Apparently, I landed on it. Cut was 5 inches long, over an inch deep, and took 68 stitches to sew up. Still have the scar!

STR-1

STR-1

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts

quote name='reilley1' date='Sep 3 2006, 10:40 PM' post='167793'

PS. Pat my friend. You couldn't afford a visor back then. Ya look like a bowling ball

He** I was lucky to have to cash to race. You know I still have the helmet. Blue glitter rules. That no visor - hole in his shoes - some-b was the one guy that loved to wax your backside.

Man there are some brutal stories. I know there are plenty more out there.

K Robinson. Man yours are crazy. I hear you on number 2. Those are nasty breaks. I have simular break. It happened when I got pinned against a house by a truck in reverse. It had me pinned at the elbow on one end and my hand on the other. Both bones in my forearm snapped. Nice. Compound both sides. It was nasty. That break hurt really really bad for a long time. I had the arm cast for what seemed like forever.

STR-1

STR-1

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts
Felt the need for a bump......

Spur

Spur

Forum Grouch

• Site Patron
  • 8,170 posts
Ok, another, not so bad but the result of it got me made fun of for the summer and into the start of my freshman year. ME and the Predator hooked up on a normal block long sit down wheelie. Decide to be cool in front of a friend and took a hand off the bars and then KABLAAAAAM. Skidding on the back of my dome.Felt blood but it wasn't until I got home and was horrified. A nice bald spot on the Party side of my mullet....did I mention I was about to start my freshman year. Bwah, I did everything I could to "feather" around it, to no avail. Made for a good story though.

reilley1

reilley1

Forum dog

• Sustaining Member
  • 4,211 posts

loved to wax your backside

Only if it's a brazilian wax...

Tite681

Tite681

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
Mine was pretty bad. I was probably 11 riding around the neighborhood high school's track on a nice summer day. There was a pretty nice jump. I was alone and testing my skill on the hard packed sandy mound. I pulled up on the slope and got some pretty good air. That split second, I decided to go for the cross up. I remember not getting the bars back in time for the landing and flew forward. Somehow along the spill, I hit my penis and testicles on some unknown bike part. I laid there in agony for maybe 20 minutes. I was in so much pain, I couldn't get up. Eventually, I got up and walked home. The usual twenty minute walk ended up to be an hour. I was moving at a snails pace. On the way home, I ran into a friend and I told him what happened. He laughed dead in my face. What an azzhole. When I arrived home, I went for the inspection. Just pulling my tighty whities, I already saw blood. It was nasty. The helmet part was purple and had a cut. My testicles had a tear near the scrotum. I freaked out. Immediately, I called my parents. They came home right away, took a look, and said I was going to be fine. I didn't feel fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

DG

-----
Uploaded by BCRider
22 December 2014 - 04:01 AM
664 Views · 0 Comments

Handlebars

-----
Star Products STAR BARS
Uploaded by chromey
15 February 2013 - 05:47 PM