Welcome to BMX Society community forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gt Pro Performer / Pro Freestyle Tour ??'s

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

dynopro

dynopro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Member
  • 213 posts
Is there such thing as a double bend Pro Performer? What years?
Is there such thing as a single bend Pro Freestyle Tour? What years?

Just for fun, does any one know what some of these guys are up to now?

Eddie Fiola
Dizz Hicks
Ron Wilkerson
Dino Diluca (his personal Slammer was on eBay a while back- lives in Pheonix I think)
David Volker - have seen him on a couple MTB videos

Smokin_Endo

Smokin_Endo

Don Juan Unitron

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts
Yes there is and Welcome !

1987 and 88 GT ProPerformer both had the double bend down tube and 990 brake mounts
1986 the GT Pro Freestyle Tour was a single bend with no lower brake mount cross bar between the chain stays (before this it was the GT World Tour) also a single bend down tube. I hope this helps and lets see what your working on...Brian

dynopro

dynopro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Member
  • 213 posts
Brian, Thanks for the info. I have a double bend GT frame that has this serial number - 9870943. From what I have been able to gather this could mean that it was made Sept of 1987 or am I worng? Is there any way to tell for sure if it is Pro Performer and not a Tour? I am going to try and build it all original, still hunting for all the pieces. I have the sticker pack for the Pro Performer but will have to seach for the Tour pack if it is a Tour. I would really like to build up a 87 / 88 Dyno Pro Compe Team but Dyno frames and parts seem really hard to come by.

Edited by dynopro, 12 September 2005 - 08:21 PM.

Smokin_Endo

Smokin_Endo

Don Juan Unitron

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts
Dynos and there parts are much easier to come by and cheaper by far. Try to post a pic of the F&F your working with. Does it have the original decals ? Does your bike have the 990 mounts ? The decals for the PFT are avalible from AJK bikes (decals) what other parts are you looking for ? LMK TTYS Brian

dynopro

dynopro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Member
  • 213 posts
It does not have the original decals it has the old pro series decals on it, it does have 990 mounts. I will take some pics and post when I get a chance. Looking for basically all the OS parts, stem, seat,seatpost, clamp, Pro Performer bars, power series cranks, brakes, and not sure if I should go with 48's or Mags. Team's came with 48's but I like the look of the Mags. I have been on ebay and know there are alot of parts there, also AJK, and Ginny's, are there any other good sites or contacts?

radmeon

radmeon

Just an average guy with a sickness....

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
Just a little FYI - Team Models did not come w/ 48's. They came w/ 36 spoke GT superlace wheels. They were Superlace hubs w/ Ukia hoops.

That doesn't mean don't put 48's on it, it's your bike - do whatcha like I always say, but if you're going to go correct, those should be your choice. They're pretty damn hard to come by these days!

Sean

dynopro

dynopro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Member
  • 213 posts
Thanks for the info on the wheels Sean.

pjcruiser

pjcruiser

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Just for fun, does any one know what some of these guys are up to now?

Eddie Fiola
Dizz Hicks
Ron Wilkerson
Dino Diluca (his personal Slammer was on eBay a while back- lives in Pheonix I think)
David Volker - have seen him on a couple MTB videos

hey you should repost this question in its own post. interesting question that i wouldn't mind hearing some answers to. thanks! :smthup:

radmeon

radmeon

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Thanks for the info on the wheels Sean.

No problem, brother. :32:

Do you know which ones I'm talking about? I'll post a pic if not.

dynopro

dynopro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Member
  • 213 posts
If you have a picture that would be cool. Do you have any pics of the complete bike to go off of?

radmeon

radmeon

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
My Day-glo pink PFT has the stickers on it, but my chrome PFT doesn't. I haven't had the chance to put them on yet.

Are you wanting the parts breakdown or sticker placement?

Here's a couple shots of the chrome one. I'm almost done with it. I've owned this one since 1987. It is one of my few bikes I kept over the years.

I'll take some shots of the pink one tonight when I get home.

Attached Thumbnails

• Copy_of_DSC01952.JPG

radmeon

radmeon

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
Another shot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Copy_of_DSC01953.JPG

radmeon

radmeon

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
This will make your legs hurt!

Here's a shot of my chainring and disk that I was running when I stopped riding. This was what I ran everyday, riding across town, ramp, flat, or when I still played around on the track.

Needless to say, it took me a little while longer from the holeshot, but on a straight run, I was hard to catch!

Attached Thumbnails

• Copy_of_DSC01956.JPG

dynopro

dynopro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Member
  • 213 posts
Than is one nice PFT!!! I wish I had kept all the bikes I had, when I went into the Coast Guard in 1992, I sold or gave away pretty much everthing. A 87 pink PFT team, 87 white Dyno Pro Compe, 89 yellow Dyno Pro Compe, and a 91 Haro Sport w/bash, all complete bikes.

radmeon

radmeon

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
I can't even begin to count the # of bikes that went through my hands BITD! I worked in a bike shop for about two years. I was always "wheelin' and dealin'" bikes with friends and other people.

I never made a dime! All my $$$ went right back into the shop!

radmeon

radmeon

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
BTW - Thanks for the compliment! I've been restoring that bike for over 3 years, and I'm still not done. Need to change the seat, bars, chainring, rear brakes and pedals. I've got the grips and stickers, I'm just not going to put them on until I'm done.

Smokin_Endo

Smokin_Endo

Don Juan Unitron

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts

I never made a dime! All my $$$ went right back into the shop!

For some reason I believe that ! I would even venture to say that you paid to work there :cry:

Maverick

Maverick

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Seems like the game of "What year and model is my GT" is always a hot topic...and while some of us can get pretty damn close on being able to pinpoint details...there are still some questions that remain unsolved. For instance, what exactly does the WHOLE serial number mean and not just the month/year or if foreign made, the factory code letters.

Mux talked with Eddie Fiola at Elysian Park earlier this year about riders today versus riders back in the 80s...

If anyone happens to be in contact with Eddie or anyone else who worked for Gary Turner, perhaps the the question of "What exactly do the serial numbers entail?" should be asked.

I know I am dying to know.

radmeon

radmeon

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

I never made a dime!  All my $$$ went right back into the shop!

For some reason I believe that ! I would even venture to say that you paid to work there :cry:

NOW THAT"S THE TRUTH!

Just like today, back then I was afraid to keep tally of what I spent. I would end up crying in the corner, sucking on my thumb knowing exactly what I've spent.

radmeon

radmeon

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

For instance, what exactly does the WHOLE serial number mean and not just the month/year or if foreign made, the factory code letters.

I know I am dying to know.

That, my friend, is the million $ question!

I don't think anybody can come up w/ a straight answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bike_of_the_year Rick's Bike Shop BMXsociety Show