Welcome to BMX Society community forumsRegister now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Uploaded by J.T. 03 January 2011 - 05:46 PM
- Brand Redline
- Model Proline
- Genre Race
- Class Pro
- Country of MFG USA
- Year of MFG 1980
- Finish Original
- Condition Used Very Good
- Frame Redline Proline
- Fork Redline Proline
- Handlebars Redline Proline V bar
- Stem Redline Super Proline
- Headset TANGE
- Gyro N/A
- Front Hub Campagnolo track
- Rear Hub Campagnolo track
- Mag Wheel Skyway Tuff II Graphite
- Rim N/A
- Front Tire Carlisle Aggressor MX
- Rear Tire Cycle Pro Snake Belly blackwall
- Spokes N/A
- Cranks Redline Flight non-pinch
- Pedals MKS rat trap
- Pedal Cage N/A
- Chain IZUMI
- Sprocket Redline flight
- Spider N/A
- Bottom Bracket Redline standard loose ball bearings
- Seat Post Clamp Suntour
- Seat Post Redline
- Seat Cycle Pro Shotgun 1st Generation
- Seat Cover N/A
- Brake Front N/A
- Brake Rear Dia-Compe 890
- Brake Lever Honda MX custom
- Brake Cable Dia-Compe
- Brake Shoes Kool Stop Finned
- Grips Oakley II
- Pad Set Redline 1st Generation
- Number Plate HARO lightning bolt orginal
- Decals Redline Proline
- Other N/A
Additional NotesCLICK 2ND AND 3RD PICTURES FOR MORE IMAGES!!!!
Stu Thomsen ABA #1 replica Featured in the May 1980 issue of Bicycle Motocross Action
1980 Stu left SE racing for Redline and with Stu being the #1 ABA Pro this really boosted sales of Redline and Stu's career. Redline offered Stu the opportunities to expand his career which became a historic relationship. The Redline team was "the Team", top quality products, National titles, NORA Cup winner, and great spokesperson/ambassador for BMX.
In 1980 the ProLine was modified with a stronger rear dropout, lighter forks, same 5" head tube, and geometry change for better handling. The ProLine was designed for riders 5'6" or greater and the MicroLine products for under 5' 6".
Redline introduced a new catalog featuring Stu and his brother in-law Greg Hill.
* New Super ProLine (brute) stem was introduced.
* New Flight cranks that had no pinch bolt which was added late 1981 to secure the crank on the beefy Redline spindle.
* New one piece Flight gear, lightweight, strong, and easy to change.
* New flute seat post
* New BMX "MX-III" complete bike
* New TUFF RIDER complete bike
* New MOTO-S complete bike
* New EXPERT complete bike
* New Jerseys, Jackets, patches, sticker sets, logo pads, caps, etc.
The bike features what Stu Thomsen rode that year including the modified Honda MX lever and dust cover from his mini-bike. The details are in the May 1980 Bicycle Motocross Action. It's very rare to see black wall Cycle Pro Snakebelly tires and here we have one on the back with a NOS Carlisle Aggressor MX front mounted on first Generation Skyway Tuff's that were introduced then.